Reviews for A Begining of Something Sweet
maria chapter 1 . 3/24/2006
wait I don't understand, is Gretchen disgustingly ugly or is she really pretty but just not as pretty as Angeline?
qualtagh chapter 15 . 12/14/2005
Your plot is original and has lots of twists to it. It's hard to tell where things are going because things have such a tendency to change suddenly. The parallels between what happened to Patrick and what happened to Gretchen/Amber are interesting... A perpetuating cycle, whether they realize it or not. I'm not entirely sure, however, why Horatio would have taken Patrick and left Marian if she was the love of his life. Same uncertainty goes for Marian not telling Patrick that she was his mother. It's an interesting story and I enjoyed reading it.
Alexis Kent chapter 14 . 9/19/2005
Oh my! Do I see another match coming up? Laura and William? William and Laura? Huh? -nudges knowingly- Hehe, I need to quit trying to figure out what will happen. This is a very nice chapter, and I'm glad to see you bringing Ronald into play again. :) I didn't make the connection at first...heh.

Update soon!
Alexis Kent chapter 10 . 9/6/2005
Ooh...George and Angel, not George and Amber. I do need to shut my mouth and quit messing with the matchmaking, don't I? :P Yes, I liked this chapter very much. Hazel is indeed a beautiful character, and I like how George's character further revealed in this chapter. Heh, when Hazel mentioned one of her sons being at home, I instantly matched him up with Angel. My my, this is good. :)
Alexis Kent chapter 9 . 9/6/2005
Wow...wow. Shall I crunch Rilith? Yes, I shall. You have quite a way with thickening the intrigue with each chapter that goes on. Oh, I do want to find what Marion has up her sleeves. So, Ronald has disappeared for the time being. That's well enough, I suppose. I'll give Gretchen and George a chance. ;)
Alexis Kent chapter 6 . 9/6/2005
Wow. These last few chapters have been quite a lot to take in. Patrick is a buffoon. And Gretchen-or Amber, rather- is to be married, eh? Oh dear. Once again, I truly hope she doesn't end up having a romance. That would be most unfortunate. And Bernard (that's his name, right?) needs to die. Poor Ronald. I'm still rooting for him!
Alexis Kent chapter 2 . 9/6/2005
Oh my! I'm so very intrigued. I love this indeed. Poor Gretchen. Poor Ronald. I do so hope that you don't match Gretchen with George, as poor Ronald wouldn't be able to bear it, and that would hardly be fair, now would it? :( No, indeed it would not.

Bedtime calls, but I do look forward to the rest of this story. One thing you might want to be looking out for is those pesty run-on sentences. As an example: "With no newspaper to hide behind, Patrick heaved a sigh, would life always be like this?"
Purple People Eater chapter 12 . 9/4/2005
Awesome story. It has kind of an old world flair about it that reminds we of stories written centuries ago. Anyhoo update soon.
krirobe chapter 11 . 4/13/2005
I think Angel's story more than Gretchen's/Amber's story intrigues me. It's strange because I am usually one to root for the ugly duckling, the Cinderella. Well, another great chapter! I don't think I could analyze your chapter again because English really has ruined my life this time. I annotate arguments in my sleep! But, I love your story! And remember, the only way to be a great writer is to take risks with your work. I only say this because you said you hesitated about what you put in your previous chapter (and that I am your hero, smiles!). I also loved the mother-daughter reunion! And the way you end all your chapters is brilliant. The catch phrase. Well, very tired, have to go. Update soon! Looking forward to it! Sorry it's not too in depth.
Krirobe chapter 10 . 2/9/2005
Here I am, yet again. I am happy that I made you grin like a fool.

You know what I just noticed? It has a very feminist feel. The many different female characters in this fic deal with their own issues, issues that have come to surface only recently, like men who beat women or women with ambition who are unable to exercise it due to the restrictions their husbands put upon them or... well, lots of things.

You really intertwine the different narratives well and it is wonderfully planned. Your characters are also developed well. And the setting! And the diction! I love it all. This was just a more in depth analysis from the previous one. Oh, and I liked the way you ended the chapter, with God's tears. Usually that stuff is really cheesy, but I liked how you connected it to everything. And the parallel structure (I'm showing off what I learned from my language class. like?) used to juxtapose (another eng. term) George's memories of his father with the present is unforgetful in the fight scene. It just makes Rilith's pain more palpable (along with George's vindictive anger). Oh and even when there are fragments here and there, it works for you syntactically (English has ruined my life!); it doesn't even bother me. It doesn't make it melodramtic either. It just really enhances the setting and the tone. Um, I also loved "posture beseeching". I thought that that was awesome. Ok, I think I'm done. I'm probably wrong about that whole feminist thing, but it really fits. Update soon! I know it's really long, but I had a lot to say.
Ivory-Dragon14 chapter 10 . 2/1/2005
that's horribly sad... I'm glad Angel came around. It's really odd seeing one's name randomly in a story . . . (the tavern keepers wife)
Krirobe chapter 9 . 1/23/2005
Your writing style is very original. It has a fantastic feel to it even though it deals with earthly problems (if that makes sense). I can't explain it, but the way you write is very unique and I love it! I hope the butcher's story doesn't end in agony. Update soon!
kaika switched chapter 9 . 1/15/2005
Great story. It's very creative and you write well. Keep writing!
aqua-angel chapter 9 . 1/12/2005
Ronald left? :( *tear* will we see him soon? update soon happy writings! Take care~
Endowment's Seraph chapter 9 . 1/12/2005
this was great. I can't wait to read more!~Mel
41 | Page 1 .. Last Next »