Reviews for Ascent
BlueTwilight chapter 1 . 12/17/2004
First off, it's great that you think about these things, instead of blindly accepting dogma, be it of any religion, or any science. It's good to keep in mind, though, that there are not only two choices: Christianity and Atheism - there are a myriad of other religions, texts, and philosophies in the world to expose yourself to before you can begin to imagine you have anything figured out. I personally adhere to no organized religion - I believe in God/The Is/Being simply because of my own experience and long thought and study. Pull bits and pieces of truth wherever you find them, and always question everything. Don't accept anything till you've questioned it as much as you can and it still makes sense. A completely and totally open mind is the only way to the truth. Oh, and don't worry about your unicorn - they've been on back-order ever since I ordered a whole herd. ;D
Nikolomagne chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
I'm a deist/agnostic, so I kinda sorta believe in God, I just doubt his existence because there's no hard, solid evidence - just an ancient book that's been translated by people who can't read or write over the years, and those who could were biased enough to change things around... not really a religion I wanna give my trust into entirely. The ideas in Christianity are good... but the way church conveys the symbolic metaphors in the Bible as literal meanings and denotations... not a good idea.
Yoku dekimashita
TearsOfTurquoiseAngels chapter 1 . 9/9/2004
I like this I don't think evolution counters Christianity, though. Birds comming from the water sounds more to me like evidence of evolution. Anyway, an interesting point of view. I am also an ex-Christian, so I can sort of relate.
~Turquoise~
CARRIE chapter 1 . 9/8/2004
THIS WAS RELLY GOOD. I BELIEVE IN GOD, BIT I NOE WHAT YOU MEAN.
Eleriana chapter 1 . 9/8/2004
You already know what I think of this, but what the heck, I'll say it again. Great stuff, you've captured your feelings perfectly. ;)