Reviews for HalfRemembered Love Affair
logical-unreason chapter 1 . 9/8/2004
(The guitar solos just HAVE to be in capital letters. What about the huge number of slap Bass solos you seem to have left out hm!)
It feels different to your usual barrage of crazy angst filled longing/hating fucking my brain up poetry. Definitely easier to get into but…I don't know I always liked the impenetrable maze of metaphor you put up around your pieces where in only you would understand them. Though this is cynical so it matches with your other work, it's not the same.
The rhyme and rhythm are preformed pretty slick you don’t have trouble putting words together. There is a noticeable lack of poetry, it’s more a commentary. Don’t take this as an insult but there aren’t any metaphors in it. It’s a little bit like a Killers song where Brandon just rants off what he did and is doing. However this isn’t a poem it’s a song so it should be judged as such. Pretty good maybe just not up there with your best work. I like the more “n spring time” songs, maybe that’s just because I heard it to music. Give this a play next time we’re having a band rehearsal or something. It would be interesting to see how it sounds.
Hope I was helpful. Of course it’s good but you don’t just want blank praise do you? I want to actually try and help your talent.
AntiPleasure chapter 1 . 9/6/2004
I think this is one of my favorites of your that I read so far tonight, hehe. I like the rhyme scheme as well. Play some guitar and sing for me sometime hun! ;)
Jenna xoxo
deine lola chapter 1 . 9/6/2004
Ooh... conveyed all kinds of tragedy and loss with no flowery language, I'm impressed. Also brought tears to my eyes but that's not really difficult to do so ha.
Saw a poem on here earlier that began, "Blood blood blood," and thought of our mutual friend ;););)