Reviews for Hushed
in theory chapter 1 . 3/25/2006
Okay I have to reply to your last review (email is still temperamental, I have a new one but it's more for fictionpress stuff; )

You're SO complex in your thinking/reviewing, it's fun to bend around. No I wouldn't describe myself as dangerous, and I didn't mean it in terms of personality; I meant it more in the sense of being unpredictable relationship-wise, which is one of my sins. (I think fickle describes it well). And your complex about always being right sounds familiar.

Me and my sister are entirely different, (thankfully), you saw that. I'm glad she's exploring her talents though, a lot of her older, unposted works are songs.

The "we do as we please" thing; interesting how you'd have separated it with a period or something. I like that slant, but to me it would feel a little overemphasised. (you've opened up a possibility though and it's gonna take a while to consider it through).

Besides that, I was unpleasantly surprised by this. I'd never considered you'd ever be silenced by someone (though I've considered changing pen names since my mum found it), but your voice is still inexcusable and one that not many could ignore. That doesn't mean it's always right (something I've had to learn slowly), but it does mean it's got more chance of adapting until it is. So yeah, powerful reminder of how temperamental even the most solid of things seem. I'm glad you bounced back though, very glad.

peace
Etrigan Ravenatus chapter 1 . 11/25/2004
This is so heartfelt that just is so hurtful when people try to silence your true self and when one is able to express their fellings its a harsh world.
Agent Blayze chapter 1 . 11/9/2004
You probably get this often, but I find your style of poetry quite poignant. I have read some other works of yours. The subjects and lines very emotional, yet almost like a needle (if..that made *any* sense...). I would suggest the more traditional style or poetry, as a change of pace perhps, but I find that your style very enjoyable, if not depressing (a good thing when dealing with poetry- anything that can stir the emotions is a highly praise-able piece). I hope to read more of your works!
Deep Shadows chapter 1 . 10/14/2004
This makes me wonder what was being said, makes crave for more of the situation. The way the last four lines were put was great. A nice chilling touch for the end, and i like the comaparison between a writer with out her pen and a newborn. Truly great. Keep up the amazing work.
Toodles,
Deep Shadows
Sarah-Angel87 chapter 1 . 10/12/2004
very nice use of word spacing. this poem is one of the bset u've read today! I dont even know what to say, im speechless after reading it. all I can say is great job.
StrawberryWater chapter 1 . 10/7/2004
Very nice. Spell-binding, and well written!
Excellent!
PetiteLumiere chapter 1 . 10/1/2004
I really like this, it's so full of emotion. I'm going to read more of your poems! I have a lot.
Have fun,
Kati
BloodKnives CrookedRainbows chapter 1 . 9/20/2004
nice but i personally think the spaces make it hard to read. since u have so many poems could u email me a list of the ones u think i should read? thanx
Shiva the destroyess chapter 1 . 9/19/2004
I love the way you wrote that...I kinda have your one word a line style too...I think it's awesome...
innocent shadows chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
i liked the way you emphasised i never will forget.
strong, deep and emotional.
keep it up yeah?
a lot of thought was put into this one
Ruana chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
oh.
cutting.
x
citrus scented chapter 1 . 9/12/2004
woa really deep, and very well composed. this has an incredible impact- i love your style!
Fast Jazzy chapter 1 . 9/12/2004
not bad. just curius, who was Jessica?
Guest chapter 1 . 9/12/2004
"Hush
I’ll never forget that you silenced me.
Hushed
and
closed up
you made me lose my words."
What a powerful start! Clever use of repetition, smooth vocabulary, smart line breaks. You said what had to be expressed the way it had to be expressed; what else besides minimalism should one use to talk about silence?
"I shut up for you.
I’ll never forget that you silenced me
because what I was saying was about you
and you couldn’t deal
as though
jealousy
had become your face
I stared you down
focused
on my silence."
The nucleus of the poem expressed with such density. That was a truely brilliant poem (and I forgot to say, that the message/theme/meaning or whatever was awesome). Let us not forget the remarkable use of repetition in the ending.
Fantastic poetry that was, and you'll surely end up in my faves in some kind of a way.
wantedINheaven chapter 1 . 9/11/2004
Nobody would ever forgot that. Good one.