Reviews for Drowning in Sin
Eirien chapter 1 . 2/5/2005
Sometimes I think Poe is right and self-destructive impulses are inherent in (fallen) human nature ... Your imagery is great, the black river especially. I like the contradiction at the end, that we deserve "a fate much worse" and at the same time "deserve so much more" - both is true, our sins make us deserve worse and our potential could lead us to so much more - that's how I read those lines at least. Anyway, a really good poem.
PetiteLumiere chapter 1 . 10/5/2004
Wow, you write a lot. I'm completely out of inspiration right now... Anyway about this poem, I like it. You're right, it's a little morbid, and the idea of morbid is getting pretty cliché, but I like how the last line is very different from other pieces I've read.
Kati
Fiontari chapter 1 . 9/10/2004
I...I don't know what to make of this other than the dark emotions it protrays in what it's like to turn away from yourself. That pain of knowing you deserve so much more. Yet...do you ever wonder if what you have is what you deserve? The happiness, the love, the compassion? Just a thought. Wonderful as always.
Love,
Hawke
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 9/10/2004
oh your poem has the word echo in it! lol! nvm, i pick up on these things, lol!
nice poem, keep it up!
Deirdra Chaeli chapter 1 . 9/10/2004
How do you do it? How do you capture a soul so completely in so few words? Reading this was like looking into a mirror...
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 9/10/2004
Great use of detail and imagry. I love it, keep up the good work.
Much love,