Reviews for The wounded girl inside of me
Mirabella chapter 6 . 4/19/2012
Really well done. I like your rhyming pattern and repition.
fleur de l'est chapter 6 . 4/19/2012
Amazing! Especially seeing how you can create a vivid imagery without breaking the versificational rules of a villanelle - I've only attempted once and know how hard *I* found it.

Great choice of vocabulary. e.g. cobweb, dispel.. The poem has a very gothic feel to it XD

Well done!

fleur
Jareth the Monk chapter 6 . 4/19/2012
Like this one and I should get back to reviewing more often. Reminds me of Edgar Allan Poe for some reason. Probably in reference to the crows and ravens and such, how about another stanza like:

Phantom wings, begone ye from my sight,

For my vision is for morning's promise full-

Please dispel the shadows of the night!
Eypherath chapter 6 . 4/19/2012
Kind of reminds me of Edgar Allen Poe...It is hard to read, but that kind of gives the whole thing the feeling of psychosis...Reading it feels like a schizophrenic, haunted by his own shadows...
Keskonrix chapter 6 . 4/19/2012
An awesome piece, once more. I like how the last stanza expresses hope that the fears expressed in the previous stanzas (e.g."wrong ... cannot be made right", is "out of control") could, after all, be unfounded - and just a result of the speaker's own perception being darkened by her bad experiences. And, naturally, the expressed hope that there is somebody out there who can (and will) heal the wounds, make right the wrong, "dispel the shadows of the night", and remove the "cruel phantome". Not an ill-founded hope at all, I might add.
Erlkoenigin chapter 6 . 4/19/2012
Ich finde das Vilanelle mit seinen Wiederholungen und der Beschränkung auf zwei Reimsilben sehr eindrucksvoll (nice ist schon leicht diskrimierend bei dem ernsten Thema).

Die letzte Strophe hat mich schwer an Tolkien erinnert, mit dem sword that had been broken.
LostInMe chapter 6 . 4/19/2012
It's very nice. I like it.
alwaysbeyourself chapter 6 . 4/19/2012
Was ein wahnsinns Gedicht. Sehr gut geworden, ich mag die Wiederholungen.
marshbar916 chapter 5 . 4/19/2012
very interesting poem and very powerful. thanks for sharing and keep writing!
Handmaiden4Him chapter 5 . 4/19/2012
This is an amazing poem and it really speaks to the heart of the matter. I know a lot of people can relate to this in many different ways so I'm very glad you have written it. Thanks. Keep up the great work! God bless!
Getuie chapter 5 . 4/19/2012
The poem kind of made me think of the song "Damaged" by Plumb.

"None of us can be strong

always, alone on our own,"

This line stuck with me... I think it kind of speaks out the truth within the darkness of blaming self... A very striking poem.
myno chapter 5 . 4/19/2012
beautifully written, thanks for the kind reviews, I will try, really try, to find a way to trust him again. It's so hard... If we weren't so close, if he weren't my brother and we didn't both have to face each other every day, it would be easier, i think, to heal... But that's not how it is, so I just have to keep trying.
simpleplan13 chapter 5 . 4/19/2012
I like it.. very nicely written
Anastasia Who chapter 5 . 4/19/2012
This was really good. It has lots of symbolism in it and good imagery. It is an angsty poem, but also a happy one. Well done
brknheartlonely chapter 5 . 4/19/2012
That was a really great poem, it really made me think about all the stuff I have been through, I have recently given my life to christ and I was too a victim of Satan's lies and deciet and sometimes I still am but not as often.

Your poem really lifted my spirits. Thank you for writing it.
70 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »