Reviews for The wounded girl inside of me
c0nquestri0n chapter 5 . 4/19/2012
This is a beautiful poem... I can somehow relate to this. God Bless. Keep writing these beautiful poems.
Erlkoenigin chapter 4 . 4/19/2012
Eindrucksvoll, sowas in ein Gedicht zu verarbeiten. Ich hoffe, es geht dir inzwischen besser!
Jareth the Monk chapter 4 . 4/19/2012
I think this one was just as sad and atmospheric as the one you just reviewed of mine. I would almost call it prose or at least a more free-form than the others of yours I've read so far, though at least you didn't do e e cummings and pu t (thepunC uAti on)s wheR...everyouwa nted! I liked the references about sewage, sludge, and vomit which transforms into an ocean by the end of the stanza (purification, or merely sanitization?).

I knew a lot of kids as I got older that all hated some aspect of themselves they wished they could change. Boys wanted to be more manly or at least acne-free, and girls were bulimic or sexually abused. I think that the internet (as in your case) has been a good thing as far as having an outlet for your voice, I mean it keeps you sane (or should), something I didn't have as recently as the late eighties. We simply sucked it up and fought a losing battle all the harder so that our memory would be glorious when we died, meaning that we chose to ignore and conveniently forget our insecurities and failings as we got older.
Broken Petals chapter 4 . 4/19/2012
Beautiful, very deep. I've often times felt the same way, hating who I was, and wishing I could be her again. Nice work. And thank you for your reviews on my poems awhile back, they were greatly appreciated.
obsidian katana chapter 4 . 4/19/2012
wonderful piece. personal, heartfelt, dark, but well expressed. i like this a lot. i like how you use the idea of a simple photograph to evoke such feelings. nicely written, i love your word choice and imagery here. great work. :)
Se7en Storey Reason chapter 4 . 4/19/2012
Thanks for reviewing my poem.

I decided to look at your stuff and this particular one caught my attention though don't know why. But it's really good, shows the emotion behind the poem, great job.
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 4 . 4/19/2012
I like the "in a sly cacophony of violation" Nicely put. This whole poem is very well-crafted with strong imagery that swims before the eyes. I love the focus on photographs. Very nice.
656 chapter 4 . 4/19/2012
Once more, you have captured me.

*hugs you*

Thank you, for saying the things I cannot.
poetic abortion chapter 4 . 4/19/2012
this is so beautiful. I could relate to this and nearly boke out into tears beautiful work as always, lovely, lovely, lovely.

!* noelle *!
Erlkoenigin chapter 3 . 4/19/2012
Sehr gut, auch mutig ├╝berhaupt dieses Thema anzugehen!
AngelOfTheSouthWest chapter 3 . 4/19/2012
This is good. I've read it a few times now and each time i've found new meaning to it. I think it's written really well.

Steff x
Rose Dark Thorn chapter 3 . 4/19/2012
I love the twist that you've weaved into this absolutely beautiful poem. I love how it sounds bitter and full of pain and I know that it reflects upon your own experiences and if I could take your broken soul and replace it with mine, I would, but I can't. Just know that you are loved and that's all that matters. You are beautiful.
nuclear red chapter 3 . 4/19/2012
This was so beautiful. Sometimes the best poems are written in times of great pain. (Unfortunately) I can comepletely relate to this poem. However, I have discovered that healing is possible. When you find someone you truly love and who you know loves you back, you can start to heal. Even scars fade with time, but they are with you forever. Amazing poem. *hugs*
Lidless Eye chapter 3 . 4/19/2012
Powerful! I liked the message, not many people take on that kind of message. Really cool... keep up the good work

Lidless Eye
Getuie chapter 3 . 4/19/2012
Broken and pained, but not forever lost. Healing is still possible, don't forget that. Painful to read when knowing that so many can relate to a piece that carries such intense hurt within it's words. Well expressed. You've made your point very clear.
70 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »