Reviews for The wounded girl inside of me
Syrins chapter 3 . 4/19/2012
Powerful and truthful. Qualities I like in a poem. Very observant and riddled. When you have to think about the meaning to a poem, that means it's more likely to show up in life as an important virtue. Very nice. Thanx for your review.
BlackFlights chapter 3 . 4/19/2012
Sex can be a painful subject for some people. As it is for me sometimes. When we are hurt by people through it. A very good piece, makes you think. You broached this subject well.
Ivriniel chapter 3 . 4/19/2012
Hm...well...wow...I didnt expect you writing something like this...well...you describe this situation very well. Hm..ja, well, man kann es gut nachvollziehen. Kann man das sagen? Weißt du, was ich meine? " Anyway, great poem.
656 chapter 3 . 4/19/2012
That was amazing.. The lines about letting those do what they will who have never been broken.. oh.. and then the blade.. you have left me speechless once more..
I-Am-Me-Only-Me chapter 3 . 4/19/2012
AM: wow i don't know what was going though your head when you wrote this but i got a totaly different meaning due to personal things . Anyway don't rush when doing things it will only stress you out. i know because i went to juvi for telling some kid i was going to blow him up...that came from working to hard...and 6 years of anger and hate bottled up inside...
poetic abortion chapter 3 . 4/19/2012
Wow. Beautifully expressed and written with such emotion. - Great poem. Keep it up.

Noelle
Cathryn Anne chapter 2 . 4/19/2012
Definitely one of my favorites. Gave me goosebumps. You protrayed the image of sexual abuse and the feelings of betrayal beautifully in a strong poetic sense. Your words flow beautifully and the imagery is amazing.
Eypherath chapter 2 . 4/19/2012
*seufz* Ein weiteres Kind, deren Seele zerschmettert, dem Tode näher als dem Leben, von allen ungehört...Hierzu würde ein Gedicht passen, was ich neulich schrieb, doch schenkte ich es einer jungen Frau, deren Schicksal deinem gleicht...Ich denke, dass du weißt, wie gut das Gedicht ist, wenn ich dir sage, dass ich Tränen weine...
suzieque2 chapter 2 . 4/19/2012
Well, this you have written brought tears to my eyes. I must confess, what I went through was not as violent as your experience. And I have always been afraid to read or hear other people talk about their experience, afraid it would trigger something in me that would cause me to remember more than I am comfortable with. I did write a poem, more like prose about my anger towards perpetrators in "The Curse of Being A little Girl". By the way what touched my heart in your poem is this line "His pierced hands cleansing minewith the oil of restoration." Thank you so much for sharing. You bring hope to many. God bless you! And I am adding your poem to my Favorite stories so that others will be led to read it too.
Syrins chapter 2 . 4/19/2012
First I'd like to say: This is a powerful poem that really shows the emotion and pain of one who never wanted to be hurt.

I'd like to add that I can relate in knowing that posting something like this is really hard for someone to do. Letting out a secret only you knew. So painful it almost destroys you.

But I'm so glad you did.

My second note would be: I am so sorry it took so long to review. Barely ever do I check my mail.

Then my last would definately be: Never take this down. I once thought of taking mine down, but found the longer it was in a public veiw, the stronger I felt.

I never usually talk that much, or write this much unless it's a story, but I tried to make a long one for you. Because I think you deserve it. Because this is one of the best poems I have ever read.

Thanks again for hearing me. I hope this makes you just as strong.

-Syrins
Getuie chapter 2 . 4/19/2012
I also read this poem a while back. As I read it again, I am still filled with the same sense of horror that I was that first time. There are some parts of it I can relate to.. Some parts that I don't think I ever could.

I think people don't review these poems like yours and the one you've reviewed of mine that had a similar topic because they don't know what to say. I mean, imagine someone calling this piece beautiful... I think you'd want to smack them or send them to a psychologist, you know?

It's open, honest, raw... it uncovers in its explicit style emotions that would not have been revealed in any other way. Euphamisms that have been employed were well done, but the poem isn't euphamistic at all.

The mind is a supremely powerful thing. It knows exactly what it needs to do to rid a problem that it cannot handle at that moment. Unfortunately, to keep the mind stable doesn't keep the spirit stable. Dissasociation isn't a new or foreign concept. The way I see it, you are shown memories at a time when you're ready to be healed from them. When you're ready to handle them. If they were to be shown earlier, it might have thrown you over that ever present edge.

And although you hate it and it hurts... all the splinters need to be removed from the body for it to completely heal.
x-Krys-x chapter 2 . 4/19/2012
beautiful... sad, but still beautiful.
Manuel Fajar chapter 2 . 4/19/2012
Wow. A great job, favorite stories for sure. The description of the act, and the emotion behind the act was fantastic. Just great. had not meant this,

To cry so many tears,—¿Why?

I know,—no answer,

But, redemption is your own,

And, purity is inner. —m—
My Mental Disaster chapter 2 . 4/19/2012
perhaps I understand now the importance of the light that shines down from your savier upon you, and the warmth of the embrace that is your threadbare protection from your darkness. your god is perhaps enough for a soul as strong as yours...I dont think i will ever comprehend your red and raw abysse and the soothing balm of your god, I have never myself suffered pain near the hurt of yours, and i have never felt the brightness of god. But i look at you, and your poetry and i see some sort of beast that you seek to throw down, and although i have no faith in god...i do have faith in you, that you have the will do be strong enough to overcome.
Rose Dark Thorn chapter 2 . 4/19/2012
No words could possibly express what I felt when I read this. You wouldn't be able to imagine the disgust and the anger that coursed through every part of me when I read this. I know it won't help anything now, but what you went through matters so much to me that I would like nothing more than to erase everything that had happened. That I want to spit in this person's face and rub their face in the dirt. No one deserves so much pain, expecially not someone as beautiful as you are.

You are not tainted or dirty, but scarred. There is a difference. Your overpowering love and who you are inside makes you beautiful. Not the outside. Though, in my own opinion, I think you are just as beautiful inside and out and I hope that the hauntings of these memories and the pain you had to go through will eventually heal and subside. With all of my heart, I wish that for you. I love you.
70 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »