Reviews for Quandaries of a Quirky Romantic
Ditto123 chapter 2 . 4/16/2013
Oh, I knew that the guy who helped Nadine with her trash was Thatcher!

"I let out a bloodcurdling scream and ducked behind the kitchen counter. Which prompted Mom to scream and since we were screaming, Jasmine (who had been walking by the kitchen) followed suit and screamed.

Talk about the domino effect."

Lmaoo It's been a while since I've found a recent story that can crack a smile out of me. It's pretty hard to get me to laugh, unless it's really, really funny. As in REALLY funny.

Ah, that's kinda like me. If somebody screams, I scream. If somebody cries, I cry. If somebody laughs, I laugh . . . I suck -.-
Ditto123 chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
"She looked like the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland by now" Oh gawd, I am going to remember that! xD

I don't think I've had the pleasure of reading "The Matchmaker's Best Friend" but if it's anything like this, then I am totally going to read it!

This is a pretty funny, interesting, cliche-ish in a sense story. I love Nadine's name, and I think the way she talked about Meghan and Cupid and the God's fear makes the story all the more interesting. It also makes me want to fear and adore Meghan, the former because if she were real I'd probably find her annoying and a pest (I'm being realistic here, don't hate) and the latter because I know that she'll probably make the story even more interesting and funny.

Alright, well I'm a just continue to read. Don't mind me and this silly little review I left.
britishbrunette chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Hi there,
My name is Angharad and I’m part of a team of readers and writers that have our own blog called ‘the – literary . tumblr . com’ (without the gaps). If you’d like to check it out and follow us, that would be great! In short, we are a writer's resource blog. We provide original and fanfiction recommendations, writing tips, workshops and resources, story critiques and graphics help. I’m an Original Fiction Recommendatory Reader for the blog, which means I scroll through the Most Recents of the fictionpress site daily to find the best original stories and hidden gems that I think other people should get the chance to read. I’m happy to say that I’ve recommended your story to the blog, so congratulations! If you want to see my recommendation you should visit the tag ‘Angharad’s Recs’ and try and find it! :)
Veronica Astoria Hart chapter 26 . 2/3/2013
I must say that this story threw me for a loop. (Is it weird that I'm a romantic like Nadine, who believes they will die alone?) At first, I was "meh" toward you and the story. I thought this would be another pointless cliché that ended like all the others. But then you started with the drama - and used it in an excellent way. I loved your brain for coming up with this fic, loved you more and ended up hating you at the end. (I mean, I love you and the story, but that ending...)

Your flow and wording were awesome, and you manage to convey emotions while keeping your characters in character. I did notice, however, that you have a slight problem with homophones. I saw a lot of "you're" in stead of "your" and "their, there, they're" confusion.

Other than that, the story was perfect! It made laugh and cry! I also like how Matteo and Matthew are friends. And the fact that you don't curse in your stories means a lot to me.

Now onto the sequel!...On second thought, I have to be up in five hours...I'll read it tomorrow.
brinalovesyouxx chapter 26 . 10/23/2012
OMG. i honestly did not see that coming. Out of all the romance novels i have read, i though this was similar and i was definitely mistaken. That's what makes this story unique and i love it, all of it, even those parts where i really wanna make Nicola dissapear. You are a great author and with that big twist at the end, gives a reader a surprise they're not sure whether to get upset or happy that its not one of those cliche' kind of stories. i
definitely wanted more and so im happy that you have a sequel :) cant wait to find out what happens next in their lives and to read more of yout stories :) awesome work and keep it up :D xx
HeadOverHeelsInHate chapter 26 . 10/14/2012
Awww! I loved his speech! This story is so awesome and sad! Humph.
HeadOverHeelsInHate chapter 24 . 10/14/2012
Oh my god! That's so fucking sad! I can't believe he did that! Arghhh! And when she quoted Padme... That was even cuter but still so freaking sad!
HeadOverHeelsInHate chapter 23 . 10/14/2012
I abhor Nicola. I don't think I've ever really come across a character as despicable as her. She m's a fucked up mess! I hate her! She's destroying Thatcher's life and she doesn't five a damn! GRRR! She's so fucking self involved and greedy. It's all about her. She's so... I just... AGHHH!
DIE NICOLA! DIE!
And please update the sequel!
HeadOverHeelsInHate chapter 21 . 10/11/2012
I'm scared. I read some reviews to this story and found out that this story ends horribly! And the sequel isn't finished. SO PLEASE FREAKING UPDATE AND STOP SCARING ME!
HeadOverHeelsInHate chapter 20 . 10/11/2012
AGHHH! Stupid Nicola! Arghhhh! I hate her already!
HeadOverHeelsInHate chapter 17 . 10/11/2012
Awww! I love his grandparents! They're so awesome and funny!
HeadOverHeelsInHate chapter 13 . 10/11/2012
Awww! That's so freaking cute! I love seein both sides of Thatcher! So damn adorable! Eeek!
ClosetReader chapter 4 . 8/31/2012
I love nadine's family!
TO-OLazyToLogin chapter 23 . 8/11/2012
Woah! Your soundtrack. was filled with my favourite songs. Thatcher is being soooo stupid, if he were a real person, I would slap him upside the head.
Guest chapter 26 . 7/17/2012
I'm really really having mixed feelings over the ending. A part of me is just so thoroughly disappointed that Nadine has changed.. At least, it feels like she's changed and will never completely be her cheerful quirky self again; she always had that lovable innocence that held all that cheer together. After that awful heartbreak, it feels like she's gonna be turned into more of a sceptic... AND I JUST CAN'T BEAR THAT! Please prove me wrong! I really hope Nadine and Thatcher get back together again! Though honestly, I know it won't be realistic.. But that's why it's a story, isn't it? :'((
1,866 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »