Reviews for The Eyes
firehair-222 chapter 1 . 10/14/2004
aww, i hope you tell her about her eyes. any girl would love to get that compliment. there are many other things to notice on a girl, but the fact that her eyes are what grabbed you is wonderful.
-firehair
sav3dbygrac3 chapter 1 . 9/21/2004
o thats awesome. i like the subject. the eyes, the windows into the soul of a person. this is kool and the imagery is great. its intense and drags the reader into it. this is a really great one.
alycia divine chapter 1 . 9/21/2004
the last two lines of the third stanza made my heart stop.
drunken-doll chapter 1 . 9/15/2004
Sexi? I say yes...longing, lust, and love. The three L's and I love em all...but um yea...back to the poem,I love it..."Innocent, and yet as our eyes part,
Your smile tells me that,
You were intrigued from the start."
I love this line because I can really see me in this...lol...nicely done...keep it up
Eyes Unclouded chapter 1 . 9/15/2004
Awesome! The rhyming is great; it never gets in the way and it doesn't feel forced. My fave lines: "Your smile tells me that,/You were intrigued from the start." So cool. Eyes themselves are so cool. I liked what one of the other reviews wrote about eyes being gateways to the soul (though I've always thought that mouths have more expression).
Also, thanks for the review! I appreciated your opinion of Alexander the Great's "phylosophers", though it does kind of mar the image I had of Alexander as being the coolest guy (lol-all I knew about him was what we learned in World Cultures class). It's very interesting history, and I think I'll be reading up on him more now that you've given me something to think about. :D
Keep writing!
-Eyes (haha) Unclouded
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 9/15/2004
I love it. I believe the eyes are the gateway to the soul. Its very sweet! Did you talk to her afterwards?
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 9/15/2004
Nice, great use of rhyming, and I loved that last line. Keep up the good work.
Much love,