Reviews for Sweet Child
Kathleen Grant chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
What a remarkable poem!

I was searching for poems about children, hopefully rhyming and in the second person, because I'm writing a song. It started out as a little solo piano piece, but I wanted to take a different turn and make it more into a song. And I just thought I'd ask if I could use your poem as the lyrics. If I end up using this poem, I'll give you full credit. :)
Sarah-Brighteyes chapter 1 . 10/16/2005
Absolutely beautiful piece Glee. I am so glad to have come across your page.

A lullaby with a sad touch of angst and bitter goodbyes. I feel like one should almost cry or smile sadly at the end of this.

I guess I watch too much TLC sometimes ha, but it reminded me of the children I see on their shows with horrid diseases and irreversable damage because of accidents and what not.

But this poem was beautiful. A favorite of mine in a long time of reading pieces. Bravo to you and thank you for writing suck a lovely piece of work.
Eirien chapter 1 . 9/30/2004
Lovely piece. It's almost like a lullaby. I especially love the last two stanzas in their simultaneous expression of pain and hope.
Audrey Portman chapter 1 . 9/20/2004
(i'm sorry for repeating the word but...) it's sweet! i liked it
Louellena chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
somehow sootheing...
L. Ellen
vintage fade chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
I think what you're trying to say is that a child shouldn't have to grow up... Or at least that's my take on it. Seriously, I hate to know that my younger sister and brothers will have to face stupid, petty problems that taunt my thoughts, my life. I hate to know that they'll have to put up a facade just to keep people from wondering. I hate to know it will, most probably happen to them. Great job on this, Gleechumber. Spectacular job.
much love
vintage fade
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 9/16/2004
i see what u mean
it is a hard thing to explain
but the deeper feeling comes out well though
good job