Reviews for Any Given Thursday
shaz chapter 1 . 3/9/2005
I like this first chapter, it's great more ppl are writing interracial stories...mine is a popular one on this site, and my mate Jill is writing a terrific one! I am looking forward to reading more! What made you choose this title? or will it become obvious later? email me please, I'd love to chat...am black as well in an mixed relationship (kinda)
VAB chapter 3 . 3/8/2005
Again another fabulous chapter. Based on the first chapter, I thought they sort of new each other in high school, and racial comments caused the hatred.

Then when I read chapter two, I suspected something romantic happened between the two during high school.

Now this chapter definitely clarified when and how they met, it was very cute. REminds me of the interracial relationship found in the children's book Maniac Macgee. Excellent read by the way. Celina was a bit tough around the edges, but she's a cute little girl, and I would love to know what all of the looked like as a kid.

Anyway now my goal is to know what happened to cause the breake up and the complete hatred between the two and how this would work out.

Again keep this up, it's excellent and very engrossing.

Sincerely,VB
decaona chapter 1 . 3/5/2005
when are you going to update this story. It's really good and i cant wait to read the rest
Damaged chapter 2 . 2/25/2005
Another great chapter! Keep it up! Update soon!
nick chapter 2 . 2/20/2005
please continue writing this, it's really interesting
Dinah chapter 2 . 2/14/2005
I can't wait to find out whats going to happen during their trip. And what is the history between these two?

Two tell you the truth, this couple sound exactly like me and a guy friend I had in middle school. He even wound up the baseball player and I wound up the loner. Your story hits close to home, but I can't wait to find out what happnens to these two.

Update soon!This is really good.
angel chapter 2 . 2/13/2005
this is a great story and i cant wait to read what happens next. Update soon!
VAB chapter 2 . 2/12/2005
Hey...Welcome back!

It's been a while since you posted the last chapter..you left one avid reader in teh air. This is a great new posted chappie. I really like Jacob..and I can't wait till you write more of the fic to detail them. I like Celina although her being such a hard ass is annoying. But it does make me wonder about what happened in their past since Jacob mentioning something along those lines, to cause this massive rift..

I wondered if they dated or if she was a bet of some kind...my brain is all over the place on this. And I'm sure this is suddenly closer relationship is going to put some serious stress on the work and them...not to mention possibly rise the sexual tension.

Anyway great new chappie I really liekd it and I can't wait for more...hopefully you won't make us wait another 4 months for the next chapter!

Welcome back!VB
BabyPop Massacre chapter 1 . 10/28/2004
I thikn this story is pretty interesting.
VAB chapter 1 . 9/22/2004
HO HO Ho...
Now I sound like Santa. I love this fic. Holy shit..best fic on fictionpress in my book. And this is like the first chapter. Can I say I relate on almost all levels with Celina. Chubby black girl here, who got her BA in Poli Sci. Unfortunately, I'm short-I have the Napoleanic syndrome to make up for my lack of height. And so far have never had a major hate filled altercation with a white guy from school..all girls minority catholic school veteran.
But this fic is divine. Why? You can write and keep people interested. I've been looking for fics like this for a while. I've dated interracially, and I mean all types of races (as well as my own, if anyone's interested)..so I like the love stories of them getting together..we're a miniority out there for sure.
It could because the fic is just one chapter, but so far no focus on race, which I'm loving. This is just complex relationship between two people. And I love it for that. I'm sure we will see major problems as the story progresses, from other students in the school, not to mention what ever happened in their past. But so far I love the detail put into the dialogue, and I like the writing of both characters. I'm basing this on initial feeling as you still have to flesh them out as the story moves forward. And I am now a devoted fan planning on reading this fic from beginning, until you end.
Hey if you need a beta. I would love to beta for you...my email is listed..so you can post to me...if not, here it is:
I'd love to hear from you. I really really like this fic. I had to leave , cause I needed something more..and I believe I just found it. Thanks for this!
VB
Damaged chapter 1 . 9/20/2004
_ I likes! Update soon!
Candice chapter 1 . 9/19/2004
Hey, this is really good. It's very similiar to my college experience thus far. Well, there's no guy I hate thus far, but I have a Poly Sci class and I know about those early classes too. Anyway, this is well-written and it flows nicely. Don't wait too long to update. :)
162 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11