Reviews for Borderland
Shadowwalker chapter 5 . 1/5/2006
I'm a huge fan for post apocalyptic films and stories, particularly for those that take place in desert (i hope i spelt that right) landscapes.

I like the story very much and eagerly await the next chapter!
Pico the Great chapter 6 . 1/4/2005
Alright. This is a good story, and I am enjoying reading it. I like how you have left it ambiguous as to who's "evil," and who's "good." There are only a couple things that niggle at me:

One: the switching of names. In some places you use the first name of a person, and in some places the last. Sometimes I think you switch. All a bit disorienting: try to fully introduce a character; if not in the dialogue, then in the text.

Two: The disjointedness. Work on your transitions: This leads to this leads to this, X to Y to Z. You switch from thoughts to speech to speech to action, all at a rate that may alarm the reader and distract them. I am thinking of chapter four in particular, where the girl is answering for Ice, and meanwhile speaking to herself. Good scene, but requires definition.

Three: Couple of grammar errors "Her and her partner," for example, should be: "she and her partner."

Otherwise I must commend this story. I have enjoyed it, and I hope you continue to write.

Kudos!

-PTG
Pico the Great chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
Hmm. Good writing, and interesting story. I shall continue.

Kudos!

-PTG
Diala chapter 5 . 10/24/2004
cool story. keep it up.
Kezkay chapter 1 . 10/5/2004
BWAH HAH HAH! I see what you mean now about the comic version differs slightly from the story, but it's not all that much. I love how you drew Silverford, btw. And the little tidbits about the desert? delish. I love the hostility of the environment compared to the characters. Draw more soon!
-Kez
kingsteve888 chapter 5 . 10/1/2004
Quite nice. The characters are being developed quite well so far, and they're all very interesting. Plenty of mystery to keep readers interested, as well. I look forward to more of your work.
Mistour Tory chapter 5 . 10/1/2004
It's turning out really well, but I'm wondering what exactly this world is.
Other than our mystery planet, it's a really good story, nicely written.
- Mistour Tory
The Fallen Caryatid chapter 1 . 9/25/2004
I absolutely loved the way you've set up this story. Your characters talk about things that have not yet been introduced to the readers, but at no time did I feel confused, because you either left context clues or the feeling that things will be explained later.
I'm also a big sucker for desert worlds, so this was a real treat. Your discriptions were wonderful but not overly verbose. Post more soon!