Reviews for The Strange Game, War
Lord-of-Fools chapter 1 . 6/10/2005
Cool! It's so true, as well. This is well written, too.
Black Hellebore chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
Erm... Yes. A short story I wrote for school that totally sucks, in answer to your question. Other than that, I really did like this poem (it's a bit odd, and when you said War I thought "Oh! The card game War!" But...no.
Moroni's Daughter chapter 1 . 2/16/2005
I love this! . I love how you pointed out sometimes neutrality holds the most potential and danger.
LostInReality chapter 1 . 1/9/2005
The connection you have made is inspiring but the last line is a bit crazy..?
Twilit Exaggerance chapter 1 . 1/5/2005
well wrote. I like the line, "all the Jacks follow suit". Keep up the good work!
graffiti-skies chapter 1 . 12/15/2004
love the way you compare war to a game of cards...liked the poem
philoslove chapter 1 . 11/14/2004
Firstly, skimmed through your profile, and actually, the number of reviews don't really matter. yeah, I agree it kinda gives a kick to see double figures though, for reviews, but of course, it's the content of the review. I'm sure things like "fine, update soon", or "great, continue writing," or "great work. I like it" doesn't say much, and kinda gets you "OH-kay." Actually, the more you look at other's work and review, people will reciprocate as well. I've moved up from having 2 reviews to having at least 5 which is a big improvement for me already. Now that I look at my old poems, I cringe in disgust. Anyway, about the poem:
Brilliant imagery. This gave me a whole new perspective, the association of poker cards and the game of war. Similarly, war, like poker cards, is linked to gambling, who knows who will be the victor? And as some cards will be sacrificed, even if one wins the war, it'll still be a Pyrrhic victory. This is brilliant. I love the whole thing, and the first part was so arresting, especially about the Jacks.
catseyeview chapter 1 . 11/14/2004
so true...
Isle of View chapter 1 . 11/14/2004
hey i never thought of war that way before. that was good! really unique.
oh anyway, YOU LIKE BRAVEHEART? OH MY GOSH! i tot i was the only one who likes it like nuts. i love it like crazy! :)
Nanners chapter 1 . 11/7/2004
Interesting comparison...good poem! _
Post Apocalyptic chapter 1 . 11/3/2004
Very strange but hey I like it. Good work. Sorry I'm not to good at reviews... I wanted to thank you for the review you left me though I really liked it. I'm glad you like my stuff, check back sometime, and I will check around you too, hope you put some more up.
Alice
Terachi Kaishaku chapter 1 . 9/27/2004
Ooh, nice extended metaphor! Great job, and keep writing!
Kai