Reviews for Cupid
Siberia82 chapter 1 . 12/2/2004
Fantastic poem! I love your vocabulary and the imagery in invokes. I always hated that little scoundrel, too. I mean, look at what he did to Apollo! And to me! And to you, and everyone else for that matter!
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
Hehe, son of a bitch indeed. Wouldn't it be awesome if Cupid was your bitch?
ANYWAY, very cool theme. I especially loved the concluding line:
"your gift curses and leaves us craving more." 'twas perfectly right in the most contridicting way. Loved it.
Heh, very cool poem, kudos!
Heather Montgomery chapter 1 . 10/22/2004
Sorry it took me so long to get around to reviewing, Mia! Another lovely poem. And we ALL hate cupid. Bastard. Hahaha. Anyways. Once again, wonderful metaphors and all that jazz. I love the last line especially.
glitterjewele chapter 1 . 9/30/2004
awesome! i really loved the turning point(s) in this probably one of the strongest aspects of the piece. such a great phrase, "so fatally blind" it hooked me. lol. but i absolutely love the moment when the speaker addresses cupid directly, it's very moving: "why would you not spare me?/i begged you so: i have not the strength". definitely roused my sympathy.
LOL stupid bitch of a cherub indeed! couldn't have said it better myself. and have you noticed that, even though he's always described as being cute and fair, every single artistic rendering of him is ugly as heck? hahaha. hm, yes, well, i digress. excellent poem, muchly enjoyed it. ;)
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 9/24/2004
I ahfta say I agree here.. beautiful descriptions too
RandomTurdBurger chapter 1 . 9/24/2004
It's not a typical love poem. You've brought an entirely different light to the topic of romance, showing the reader how love can sometimes cause mixed emotions. Write on!