Reviews for NanoDrive
KC Nightingale chapter 1 . 4/16/2005
Nice, I really enjoyed how you captured zen's emotions.
Michael Preston chapter 7 . 10/8/2004
w00t, you have written Chapter 7. Yeah, a little short, but despite my earlier misgivings, the first person perspective works.
It was more of a transitional chapter, though, no real exposition or story, but anyway,
One little problem:
I barely managed screaming out nearly fifty obscenities as I jumped back in my seat, my heart pounding a mile a minute.
Is it "I barely managed NOT screaming out...etc"?
Nikolomagne chapter 6 . 10/6/2004
FINALLY! Dear God is screwy right now... it took me at least 10 times to try and review this for it to actually appear as a review box... that's how good this story is. I kinda had to skip chapter 5 since wouldn't let me get to it, so I'm reviwing this chapter instead.
Now you seem more competent and intellegent than I previously thought. Now you're explaining the problems dealing with nanomachines, like the military body armor and the whole nanotechnological evolution... that's what scares the hell out of me, is how they can evolve... Anyways, this story is very good and informative. I'm glad someone else actually knows about this stuff besides me! I also Like the hints and foreshadowing about Zen's past and his father's dissappearance, along with Decoy's dad being the *cough* I can't say anything, I might ruin it for someone reading this review!
Ok man, please update soon, I'm very intrested in this so far. Write on, brother, write on.
Nikolomagne chapter 4 . 10/6/2004
OH YEAH! FINALLY, SOME ACTION!
Wow... I had never thought of nanomachines being a RETROvirus. I mean, yeah I know they can be used for medicinal purposes (but so can marijuana!), but I had totally forgot that terminology for a virus created to combat another virus. Wow, we finally perfected a cure for the common cold, eh? Well here's mine: wash your hands. I don't need a bunch of tiny machines crawling through my body... icky! Still, it's a good idea. You seem competent and intellegent when you explain nanotechnology. I like you and your writing style already.
Must... continue...onward...
Nikolomagne chapter 3 . 10/6/2004
Yay! Things are getting weird and weird is good! I saw from your summary what's about to happen and holy crap I must read chapter 4! The military sucks and so does nanotechnology! That'll be so freaky when a gang gets a hold of that... dude... civilian usage of a highly unstable technology... aw naw...
MUST READ FURTHER.
Nikolomagne chapter 2 . 10/6/2004
Nice twist on how mortal rivals become good firends in a matter of minutes... and that whole thing with Zen's past and his dad... that's leading up to some good story structure... and then the vulgar mother also adds some realism into it... good job so far, but damn it, I want to get to the part with nanotechnology! Must read on!
Nikolomagne chapter 1 . 10/6/2004
HELL YEAH! FINALLY, SOMEONE ELSE ON THIS SITE WHO WRITES ABOUT NANOTECHNOLOGY! *bows*
So far this kicks ass, man. I can't wait until it starts talking about nanotechnology... I absolutely despise the idea... that's why I write about it almost all the time... check out some of my stuff if you're interested... can't type anymore... must neglect unfinished homework and continue reading NanoDrive!
Btw - awesome title!
Yoku dekimashita! Sore wa tokuzetsu! Doumo Arigatou Gozaimasu!
Michael Preston chapter 1 . 10/2/2004
Thanks for doing so, and write Chapter 7!
I've registered here now, and actually have my own story ( . ?storyid1733239)
although it is only on the prologue.
Is there something gonna go on between decoy and zen?
John Hall chapter 6 . 10/2/2004
Hey, thanks for the review. I was actually waiting for a review before I put more of this story up. I'll get the next chapter up shortly, I hope. I'm glad someone's enjoying my story. I'll check out your story sometime today. Least I could do. Again, thanks. I'll try to fix the errors too.
MichaelPreston chapter 6 . 10/2/2004
I have read the 6 chapters and things are really heating up now. I wasn't sure if I would continue after 1, the whole first person aspect didn't appeal to me, but a whole cool storyline is happening now. I like the way Zen narrates in normal talk, without proper grammar or anything, although there are a few mistakes (such as their being used for there), but it was pretty spot on.
Now that he is in the Daggars, I am eagerly waiting for chapter 7. Write it soon. I may check out your other stories. It is frustrating when your stories aren't getting reviewed.. for example, I have written a fanfiction on star wars on which has nothing to do with the main characters, it builds a new world, but nobody has read it!
(BTW, if you are into Sci-Fi, a R&R for that would be hot, s/2070675/1/)
I hope your writing Chapter 7 now. Email me when you've uploaded it. More and longer chapters, please, I need a good read!
Thanks,