Reviews for Frozen
Alba Deborah chapter 1 . 11/9/2004
not positive about interpreting it correctly, so ill just comment on the style... i think the flow and rhyming scheme in this one is especially good. you manage a great rhythm at some points, interrupt it by a few jagged lines, making is so a lot more powerful. i know i always say that, but contrast SO emphasizes the qualities of a writer. to me, the line, "Can you look past these dreadful scars,
Mere trademarks of every human creature,
To see that in my eyes there are still stars,"
was made so much more beautiful by the monotonous breaks in the middle of the following stanza (I lie in this black snow, frozen to the bone;
But I am not broken, I await resurrection). in this second extract, the words flow continously, with a slight accent on the last syllables. this is totally different to the rhythm/flow of the first stanza.
wow, long review. ill stop :) love you mia
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
Ah, ze most infinite dark stories. I loved the first stanza:
"Can you look past these dreadful scars,/To see that in my eyes there are still stars," - very lovely.
Very nice, ha da great cold atmosphere. Kudos!
Heather Montgomery chapter 1 . 10/22/2004
Beautiful, vivid imagery. I so envy your talent for rhyming. Another awesome job!
glitterjewele chapter 1 . 9/30/2004
o, very chilling, this one. the second to last stanza especially, when she's reaching a weak arm toward the crows . . . *le shiver* also, the first description of black snow very a very powerful image, quite intrigued me. interesting allusion to the heart-mind conflict as well i shall have to ponder the idea of the crows savoring it. lol if i get *really* interpretive, i might even try to pretend the crows represent something. isn't english analysis fun? :P
really though, great poem (as always . . . how is it that you are incapable of writing something that *isn't* great? *is quite envious*). lol. nice work! *wild applause*
Sarah Parker chapter 1 . 9/28/2004
Aww, Mia... :( This is so depressing... *TIGHT HUG* I know exactly how you feel... you've managed to put into a beautiful poem exactly what I've been feeling a lot recently and haven't been able to write about... I'm sad to see YOU so sad :( I hope you feel better, chica. *HUGS!* Cheer up, dahlin'. There's always tomorrow.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 9/28/2004
I like it a lot.. great job!