Reviews for How to Successfully Complete a Successful Story!
minor5chord chapter 1 . 5/13/2008
This is really helpful! I've been browsing other people's favorites list and have seen this pop up for a while, and finally broke down and read it. Wow! I may actually finish a story this way! Vielen Dank!
Enaid chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
yaay round of applause for true help. this was amazing! well... except the fuzzy pink bunnies part *runs away scared but comes back after the bunny finds a stash of carrots* whew anywhoo this has given me the inspiration to finally start up again on the story thats been in my comp for idk over a year or so. thnx so much and keep up the good work!
Crysta Shichichi chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
Although you wrote this in 2004...

Dear Glitterjewele,

On behalf of all bored-to-death readers out there, thank you! As much as I like C.S. Lewis, I wish he had read your part about Active vs. Passive Voice: Pacing. It was torture to read through his awesome but lengthy descriptions.

Also, do you ever have a moment where you just can't describe the internal monologue? It's caused at least 75% of my writer's block so far. Any tips would be appreciated.

-Crysta Shichichi

PS: Why does Suzy get pelted with carrots of all things?
Black-Rose-Upon-Thorn chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
Oh my! *Wide-eyed, Lj's eyes travel slowly from the screen to other orange-sticks on the plate beside her. Making sure no-one's looking, she forcefully shoves it off her desk and into the nearest bin* Oh deary me.. u've instilled in me a phobia of carrots!

Lo0l this piece was EXCELLENTO. I congratulate u. Lmao, u're ability to express ureself is remarkable. Lo0l i especially liked Mr. Gumme's incorrect sentence: Like, psh, whatever girlfriend. There’s like no way that’ll ever happen. Haha, unfortunately u do get people like that. *sighs* They never learn. ee I hate summaries. They honestly suck. I spend ages trying to think something up and when im finally satisfied with one it does not FIT into that damned box..too many characters, grr.

erm lool i would absolutely love to ask u to read my *cough* first chapters of two stories of mine 'coz u sound like u'd be a wonderful critic but err *scratches head*.. the carrots, erm, yeah.. so u see my dilemna.. oh what the hell! If you find any time to spare would u please look at my stories? I'll confess now: true, i haven't updated in a while. But i swear its not due to writers block nor laziness. Schools just been so stressful, i swear i have no more time to even think! (I've put The Klutz in Disguise on hold because i didnt wanna be one of those writers who claims writers block problems in the middle of the story so i stopped it early to fully plan before hand. ee im blabbing, but i'd like it critisized coz i'm writing the 2nd chapter now and id appreciate comments before i actually carry on).

k , 'nuff rambling. Haha Bubble gum world. Your randomness reminds me of similar conversations with my friends. Fortunately for u ur world sounds decent. I have a world in which a close friend dubbed, "The Land of Bopaplope" so, yeahh, lool.

Lol, thank u for a fabulously entertaining manuscript, im gonna go recommend it to my best friend. No doubt she'd find it amusing.

*Stops and gives glitterjewele a wave*

Chow fellow girlie,

Lots of love,

xx Lj xx

ps. any misplaced rambling to which u just rolled ur eyes and claimed: just get ON with ur point.. i would like to blame on fatigue, yes, thats it. mY eyes are drooping, dro0opIngg...

Okay im going before i embarrass myself further. I wrote u a mini saga, lol, enjoy. Byee!
Niek chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
I know that this was posted four years ago, but I'll still leave a review anyway. This guide is extremely helpful for me. I recently began a story and stopped in the middle of it becasue I lost motivation, which was probably a bad thing to do... Fortunately, I picked it back up five months later... :P Woo me! And like your story, I have the chapters summarized for the most part, so woo! :D

And on a side note, Darkness At Noon is another book with hardly any dialogue. Its basically about a guy sitting in jail and pacing while he thinks about things. It's also about Stalin and stuff... but still. Its boring as all get out.

-Niek
WhenItRains chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
Ok, so even though you wrote this many years ago, I just found this wonderful book in someone's favorites list and I decided to read it. I have to say, this is the most enlightening thing I have read since I have been on fictionpress. I love it and it really made me think about my stories. I love how you explained everything and it really helped me understand what you were saying. Now I know what I am doing and maybe my dreams will come true! Thank you for writing this.
dreamforever101 chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
well written and helpful... :)
Roman C Lee chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
Ha hs! EXTREAMLY HELPFUL! I thank you kind, uh, i'm not sure if you are a guy or a girl. _ sorry. Well, I am forever grateful to you and your useful informational essay thing!
milkfish chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
This would probably be the most helpful piece of writing I've read so far! Thankyou so much! :D
augusky chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
"Holy crap"-Frank Borone

That. Was. Great. Advice! at first i thought, eleven pages!(i copy/pasted into Word to print out)Then when i sat down to read it, i found myself wanting to read more. Great humor (loved the carrots and examples), great way of giving out advice!
symphonik chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
Awesome advice! It was so informative, yet funny at the same time! I had a few good laughs, but kept my eyes on the screen the whole time! Love this!

~The Kindergartener
j.c-chic chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
Sweet write!
Cara Ginter chapter 1 . 1/7/2008
Let me just say this: That was RIDICULOUSLY amazing!

Hehe. It helped my muchly.
naivete chica chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
LOL great work! Thanks for the very useful tips and also entertaining read. Very amusing and still appropriate. )
Pot chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
Omc! This is so helpful! You're my hero in -whatever you're wearing-! I suck at summaries...and writing in general. But there's always hope, ne?

-The optimist