Reviews for How to Successfully Complete a Successful Story!
Emerald Serpentt chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
Mm, carrots.
x-TheSmallPrint-x chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
wow, nice! this is great...i shall try tips and hopefully avoid the evil carrots...you really hate carrots, dontcha?

ah...the part with the indiana jones whip, though...definitely NOT trying that... a whip should NEVER be placed in the hands of my brother, he is enough of a danger to society already...but i'll find a way.

and those stories that you quoted the summeries of...read them. they are REALLY good...

i should probably leave now...i might want to start writing again...writer's block, see what it does to you?
ReinaLucille chapter 1 . 4/30/2005
I actually just spent a good fifteen minutes typing up a review for a story trying to constructively criticize a story that while it had great potential, sadly fit many of the problems you describe in this. I'm not much of a writer but i'm an avid reader, and this how-to kit is a godsend! Many thanks.
Enigmatic Huntress chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
Really funny(I've been sitting here laughing to myself, instead of writing) er, that kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it? This was enteraining and very helpful. If only you'd been around when I was in high school!
Insanity Da Best Policy chapter 1 . 4/23/2005
Wow! Thank you very much! Actually, I think I'll try it for one of my story where I've lost interest cause I was writing another and there was a long gap of 2 months due to my Board exams! But I'll try. I think I have a definite plot, a definite character enhancement and all - but well, I'm just a lazy bum I guess.

The Bubble Gum World sounds like a wonderful story - are you going to write it for us? (Hehe, just kidding)

Thanks loads! I really appreciate your social service for all us humbled-lazy-bums!

Janet.
twistedFAerieTALes chapter 1 . 4/21/2005
really good tips...now if only i was good enough to use them...i know i would DEFINITELY improve w/ur guidance :P but i think that i suck anyways...guess i need to wait for that inspiring rage to hit! lol ~Sage
cariluv chapter 1 . 4/16/2005
You are a genius. I'm going through writer's block right now, and as of tomorrow (because it's kinda late now), I'm going to pull out my story and write! Thank you so much for this. :)~cariluv
precocious chapter 1 . 4/8/2005
dude this was awesome! go stuff this into a book or something. i'm hungry. gonna go search for food. bye!
Just-Connie chapter 1 . 3/20/2005
WOw..i wish i found this a long time ago...because I wish i did everything that you said.. gr...and your right about everything, now my story seems hopeless, but after reading this I think i can fix it. Thank you! :D
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 3/18/2005
I read this from begining to end and I am still amazed by this. :) A very good essay that really helped me out, I love this and shall add this to my favorite stories lists to look over. - Great job on this!

!~* Noelle *~!
H. M. Banson chapter 1 . 3/5/2005
"No, you cannot declare the lead male’s name to be Bob, give him brown hair and green eyes, and pretend to have created a character. He’s not a yahoo personals ad, he’s a person."

Oh dear God, HOW MUCH DO I LOVE YOU?

Glitterjewele, my dear, this was masterful. It's both informative and hysterical.. Your wit is most wonderful.

I have to say, you've given me some things to think about, as well here. I really liked your quirk idea of throwing the characters into a non plot related situation and having them talk. I shall have to try that at some point.

A suggestion I have as far as the Chapter-by-Chapter planning (which is every bit as essential as Glitterjewele says, to any aspiring novelists reading this) is bullet points as opposed to the paragraph format. Personally, I find it easier to write, and when I go back to turn the sentence fragments into a chapter, it's a lot easier to skim through.

Oh goodness, the what-if game.. hehe, I play that far too often, it seems. I STILL play it with Hero (which, by the by, I'm nearly finished editing! We're meeting with a laywer next week to discuss protection and rights and such for it, and I'm currently searching for a professional editor.. Aie, it's so exciting! -) constantly, and I have to say, it's led me to some good places. I've also been working on Hero's sequel, and that game led me to discovering the my initial plot was absolute RUBBISH... I have since completely altered it, and now I'm quite excited with the new direction. :oD

Hehe, I like the things they dont teach you in junior high section.. they *do* teach that stuff (at least the teachers I've had did, mercifully), but I find a lot of people dont seem to listen or care. I seriously might have to direct some of the people in my Creative Writing class to this story.. we do peer editing all the time, and it's unbelievable how small a grasp some people have on basic concepts like dialogue. Or plot, for that matter.. Forgive me if I sound arrogant here, but good god.. heh, I love having a class where I can write for an hour and a half, but goodness can the peer editing part be headache-inducing.

Mm, yes, revision are evil, rotten, brain-achingly painful... but essential. Heh, I like them simply because they tend to keep me from looking like an idiot to anyone but myself. -

Heh, writer's block is EVIL. You know, the only story I've ever really finished is Hero.. probably because one of the first images I had was the ending, and I rather worked backwards to find the beginning. Actually, that was lots of fun. Hehe.

Adversary Extraordinaire.. good god I love that fic. Hmm, some of those other stories sound promising as well.. perhaps I shall be checking them out in the near future..

Hehe, what a wonderful little guide. It was both easy and fun to read, and I'm betting that a lot of people will find this helpful.. you've got quite a lot of reviews already! I seriously am going to have to recommend this to some of the people in my class.. I think it will make both their and my lives better. -

Wonderful work here chika. And I enjoyed reading the new profile as well... and goodness was I honored! You're totally too sweet to me. Heh.. and yes, I'm still in high school.. got two year and a few months left in the place. Lol, and no begging for you, mon amie.. if, by some miracle, this publishing thing works out, I would be honored to send ya a signed copy.. hehe, if things go the way I hope they will, I'll be able to swing one of those dedication pages in the back and you and some of the other most wonderful people here will definitely be getting major thanks. Goodness I've missed this place.. it feels good to be back. It's kind of like coming home.. -

I missed you my friend! It was wonderful to return to read this delightful new piece!

Always,~Hollie
californication chapter 1 . 2/25/2005
How do you do it?

I swear, normally when I look at the instructions that come with the microwave from Sears, I just toss it because I know that I'll probably just end up confused and trying to remember which part of the pamphelt I was just looking at. At the end, I couldn't believe that it was the end. How do you do it?This answered so many of my questions because I have a serious tendency for Writer's Block and how I finished it, I don't know. And can you tell Jane that ribs rock.(I know I started a sentence with "and" but I can't think of anything else to say)

Mucho Luv,Californication

By the way, you should be the one writing the how-to instructions on the Quakers Oatmeal Box. Heheehee...
kawaiicoco chapter 1 . 2/21/2005
I admit that was very interesting. It will definetly be very helpful while writing my stories. You had very good examples and the BGW was lots of fun to read!
Angel-Lija chapter 1 . 2/16/2005
Thanks so much for writing this. I was currently stuck on one of my stories so now I know what to do to become unstuck. This was actually a very intereseting read (I know, I mispelled intereseting, and probably mispelled mispell).
raniaur chapter 1 . 2/12/2005
Hey. Real cool. I really liked this essay. Really helpful, I mean most of it I know. But on thing I like about this, it that..well...it sounded like a HUMAN was saying this, most essays and stuf about this kinda stuff, seem like they're written robots. Know what I mean? Anyways. Awesome essay!
356 | « Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 .. Last Next »