Reviews for How to Successfully Complete a Successful Story!
black robin chapter 1 . 2/6/2005
This was so helpful and funny too!
Mystified chapter 1 . 2/2/2005
*Blinks stupidly*

I'm SO impressed and SO jealous... and currently trying to decide which emotion is stronger. Holy shmoly.

HOW did you manage to make a "How To" that interesting and amusing? It can't be done, but it has been done, and now my world is in tatters. (Do you like long reviews? I plan on ranting for awhile...)

In a nuthshell: Unbelievably clever, yet wonderfully insightful. Oh no, more dreaded adverbs! I'm aware use them to death, but now you've got me worrying. It was great (or scary?) how you managed to either nail all of my pet peeves, or make me bite my lip and think, "Uh-oh... I do that, don't I?" Regardless, hopefully lots of people will read this, and stories everywhere will become beautiful.

I'm rather disappointed in myself for not tackling your postings here sooner, since you've been such a great reviewer to me. Seriously, at times I find myself searching for your name so I can know that glitterjewele deems my newest chapter acceptable. You've been mahvelous, dahling, simply mahvelous.

Geez, I've got an essay going here, don't I? *Ahem* In conclusion... Well, I normally tell authors I like they've got great potential, yadda, yadda. Not you. Potential? Nah. You're already there. Again, I'm super jealous, and if you hadn't been so awesome to me, I'd hate you. (Kidding, kidding... a little...)

Oh, and I totally did a preppy "Oh my God!" when I saw you had my summary in this. Spiffy, spiffy, spiffy.
o0oAnnie chapter 1 . 1/31/2005
Awesome! I've always wanted a guide like this and this is a brilliant guide for the old writer or someone just starting out! And it's not written in a boring manuel way either I loved it and it gave me some really good insight!
Kalake chapter 1 . 1/17/2005
Thanks SO much. That helps like you have no idea. Oh, and I'll be sure to pray for Jane and Bob that they'll be successful in their attempts at saving Bubble Gum World.
Razelle chapter 1 . 12/31/2004
wow! i really think this will help me in my further writing, and I don't think that anyone who reads this can disagree. This is defineatly on my favorites.

PuNkEe MoNkEe
Jamie aka chapter 1 . 12/30/2004
Wow, this was great. I feel kind of retarded because I am always drowning in carrots, even if they are my own... Ahem, getting back to the point, all I have to say is that I wish I had found this about five years ago when I first started writing. I used to prewrite my chapters (usually up to the eleventh chapter) but along the way I just dropped it. I think it was because I was so impatient and didn't think that I should waste my time on a story no one may like. Heh. Anyways, one thing I wish you could have helped us out with is coming up with a title. Those are even harder for me to make up than the summaries. Well, thanks for the great advice!
AlienRiceBall chapter 1 . 12/30/2004
Thank you soo much for this. It is very enlightening and entertaining. I enjoyed reading it very much, and I believe that it is very useful. Now I'm going to go hide from those carrots and fix my story.. *shudders* Carrots..ew
TalkingMime chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
Hilarious, entertaing, helplful, and carrot filled. Thank you so much for writing this; it's brilliant.
Generik chapter 1 . 12/21/2004
I have to say, that I absolutely adore this essay. Because it was entertaining to read and it was very, very helpful. I have been pelted in vegatables, especially carrots and would like to avoid that situation again. XD

I was actually stuck on a story here on FP, well actually, 2, but after reading this essay, I am interested in my stories once more and have started writing again. Planning it chapter-by-chapter is getting tedious, but I have realized that I won't miss any important details and that it's quite easier to revise in a way.

So I'd like to thank you for writing this wonderful essay. I'm sure you've helped authors avoid carrot pelters. Excellent job!
wishes21 chapter 1 . 12/20/2004
i love this section of yours! i tend to lose interest in a story after i got the first chapter out and writer's block would also start to bombard me. that's the reason why i usually stick to poetry coz for poetry once it's done it's done. there's no need for me to continue it. lolz.. this post of yours really make me thinki alot and give me plenty of ideas as to how to go about any future stories which i might feel like writing. thanks alot!
vague shadow chapter 1 . 12/11/2004
Hi, glitterjewele! Long time no see, mi amiga! _ This is Jessica White, I have a new pen name and here it is.

Just thought I'd drop by and let you know I got a new one and that, with the exception of Glimpses of the Sidhe, I will no longer be posting on my other pen name.

I also wanted to tell you that I have some new work up on this pen name and ask if you would mind checking some of them out. I would really appreciate your feedback.

OH! I almost forgot. This how-to right here...it has really, really helped me out when it comes to my writing. Because of this work right here, I am now reworking my story Through Strands of Time.

It took this to open my eyes to all the errors and inconsistances I had written into it. Thanks a lot, chica!

_ See ya!
Jaz108 chapter 1 . 12/5/2004
Woot! just what i need!
Agathy chapter 1 . 11/25/2004
This is an excellent piece (and it's just what I need, too). I rarely get writer's block- but when I do get it, I suffer. I skip scenes all the time, and I'm constantly starting new stories. I go back and forth and forth and back between the 20 stories I'm writing (although I generally stick to a few that I'm really passionate about at a time). Anyway, thank you for getting your point across with humor, not arrogance. I think I'm definitely going to try the "What If" game. Definitely.
frostings chapter 1 . 11/18/2004
ah~ an entertaining manual~
Jimmy Jazz chapter 1 . 11/15/2004
Interesting, informative, very funny. Excellent stuff :)
356 | « Prev Page 1 .. 13 20 21 22 23 24 Next »