Reviews for How to Successfully Complete a Successful Story!
not sure yet chapter 1 . 11/10/2004
ehehehehehehe, very informative...for sane normal writers anywayz, my characters rather never leave my head so im very cautious about starting new stories..dont think ive ever posted any of mine really, for the better of the site i assure you, anywayz, muchly excellent job
vintagewhitegloves chapter 1 . 10/26/2004
YES! I can finally review... (I hope, last time I thought I could review, and ended up typing a shitload of... shit. Only to find out I /still/ couldn't... humph) Ah, anyway, W00oo00oo00oo00oot, you mentioned me :0) I was so flattered. Ha, well... I actually had a lot to say about how awesome this is, but I don't remember... oh dear, that can't be good. Well... it's great, I remember that much, and *yes* it helped, finally something that took me out of the damn writers block rut... ah well, I'm almost, almost, almost done with the chapter thanks to your lovely story, it should be out soon. Anyway, this SO rocks, and I'm deffinately using it for my next story. Speaking of next story's... Cough*BreakII*Cough, erm, sorry, I'm sich :0) haha. Okay, well I'm going to go let you write more Break II, which if that's not what you're doing, it should be.
Kisses*Kate*
Liviania chapter 1 . 10/19/2004
Beautiful tips...I fully agree with the pre-work on characters! I love pre-work (I have my pretty little journal full of current, scrapped, and future ideas). Actually, some of this can help me on my new story, which I just can't seem to write out scene to scene. It covers twenty-five years and I know what happens in the first two, middle one, and last four. It's truly bizarre to miss those years of my character's lives. It's Ven's fault. She's the youngest, but she likes teasing me and the others follow her lead. Just because she has a tendency to tear people apart...why did I ever decide to be character driven? And the story I actually posted on has been stagnated due to my stupidity. (I worked to finish a block of chapters so I could post them, then realized I hadn't finished the previous block.) Wow...I just babbled randomly that has nothing to do with your wonderful how to manual. Not to mention, the story within a story is fairly intriguing. But where did BGW's global warming come from? _~ It can't have all earth's probs.
Livi
godawful teen-angst poetry chapter 1 . 10/17/2004
*tiptoeing in softly*
...is it pathetic that I'd actually like to read your bubblegum story?
the cereal killer chapter 1 . 10/8/2004
That was nicely written! Very friendly. I'm not really into writing prose/stories, but I read almost everybit of it!
Moosesgp chapter 1 . 10/4/2004
lol, this is great.
scissor sex chapter 1 . 10/2/2004
This is entertaining as well as informative. A much-needed piece for many fictionpress writers, especially myself. I have great aspirations and grand ideas, I really do. The problem is that I can never carry them out.
So I want to say
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
And thank you!
Inspired again by this wonderful piece, I will try once more to start my seemingly unstartable story and bring myself out of the writing dumps. (my version of writer's block, except it's much, *much* worse.)
Interestingly enough, I also found myself comparing this with "Winterfox"'s piece "Why I Hate Mary-Sues". That essay is also excellent. It is both witty and true. And it makes sharp observations about the typical faults of many aspiring writers. I found this to be more helpful. But check out Winterfox's piece as well, if you haven't already. It's definitely worth reading. )
Bye!
*poof*
Artemis Astralstar chapter 1 . 9/30/2004
*bows before goddess*
This is magnificient.
Now, I just need to follow it! *bounces off to post links everywhere*
acccountkiller chapter 1 . 9/29/2004
Whoa! You certainly didn't suffer from the damned Writer's Block! But amazing essay...basically very very funny...poor Suzy...but also very educational..lol...no honestly, I think this is gonna be a lot of help so thankee much! But it was long, lol, but really very very good! Love, Mia
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 1 . 9/29/2004
*ehem*
how do I love thee? let me count ZE MOST INFINITE WAYS! ! ! ! !
This was fantastic! Sure it was depressing because I realised certain doom…but it was good because I can, apparently, learn from my mistakes :) ….hopefully. I especially liked the planning and how to conquer, most importantly prevent, writer’s block. I shall have to use those tactics me thinks, especially the tip about writing part of the next chapter before you post the due one – that one in particular is destined to save stuckage (oh! looky there, another Ann word. I’m beginning to think the English language is terribly deprived). Oh! And I made an appearance in order to surface a certain person from teacher injustice rant! Awesome. must admit, I was quite pleased at my approach to that problem, haha. Oh my god, and seriously, you should so write a story about BGW and TBW (I am only following your example of the abbreviating…I am absolutely not lazy. Just impressionable ;) ‘cause Bob cracks me up. Actually the whole interaction between the two cracked me up. The line with bob running away from the spider and the picture in my mind of this guy squinting in its vague direction from what I presume was a “safe” distance was hilarious. (god, I’m typing this review in word and it’s capitalising my words. I don’t do capitalisation. It’s really pissing me OFF). Right, ok, breathing. Moving along, excellent work – not only was it entertaining, but hopefully it can prevent further carrots from coming my way *cringe*. Uber and infinite kudos! Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! ! ! !

P:S – and just because I can’t resist…you left WHO in the U.S of WHAT now? don’t worry, have mailed out wanted signs for a certain Irony. Am also buying a very big gun…:) I’m so holy…
DH L'Orange chapter 1 . 9/29/2004