Reviews for Pretty Shade of Grey
Guest chapter 13 . 3/9
Beautiful story
DemeRain chapter 13 . 3/10
It took 8 years to write this and I read it in one day. I couldn't stop. I am utterly in love with Vaan. That you so much for sharing this!
Ratio chapter 13 . 3/7
Okay, so I read ‘Pretty Shade of Grey’ and its companion piece ‘Home Free’ last week. I did not review because I had so much I wanted to say about it and yet, at the same time, I could not quite translate the sense of elation I was feeling into actual words. I usually do not binge read when it comes to online serials (Even when I stumble across them already completed) however, PSoG hijacked my Saturday. I sat down to maybe read a chapter or two, and ended up reading the entire thing that day (going grocery shopping and running errands be damned!).
Saul and Vaan came to life on the page—credit due, to the individual voices that you’ve constructed for both the leads. Saul & Vaan’s connection: first as a tentative friendship, then turning into something of a bromance, and then something more, was a really a masterful example of the evolution of a relationship. It reads so natural, nothing fabricated. As they fell in love, I fell in love a little. A lot.
I will admit I was a little hesitant to read this at first. After reading that it was written over the span of eight years I felt a little afraid to give it a go, but my fears were quickly allayed once I got into the story. By the end, I wouldn’t have even suspected it. The quality of the writing is top-notch, amazing—the long hiatuses in-between didn’t show up on the page at all. The story is cohesive and really, really, wonderful. (‘Home Free’ helped tie up some loose ends, which was an extra bonus!) Sorry if my review is all over the place. I just wanted to say THANK YOU, so much, for sharing this story.
Guest chapter 13 . 2/13
Great fic you've got here! Thanks for sharing :) x
R. Ficst chapter 13 . 1/24
I very much enjoyed your story. Thank you so much for completing and posting it. Love your characters, their personalities, thoughts, actions, and reactions. Love the scenes you chose to share, of school life, things important to each character, their own problems, and their developing friendship and romance. Very well done :)
Guest chapter 13 . 1/21
LOVE LOVE LOVE this story!
Ibbonray chapter 7 . 1/19
Having been to Disneyland in 2005 I felt almost connected to this chapter, even though Space Mountain wasn't open yet and I was very young at the time. Wonderful, as always.
Ibbonray chapter 1 . 1/19
Ha ha. Loving this so far. Imagining Vaan actually going up to a grocery store clerk and saying "yo, Maurice, where's the mixed salad greens at?" because it makes me laugh. Excited to read more.
FinnickOdairFan chapter 13 . 12/8/2013
It's over *sad face* I feel like there should be a sequel to this. I hope there is because I can't believe this story is finished. It was amazing and I loved it and if you published it, I would definitely buy it.
FinnickOdairFan chapter 12 . 12/8/2013
I am so sad that this is almost over! It's been such a good and fun read, though! I enjoyed every bit of it :)
Guest chapter 11 . 12/4/2013
I am so sad that I'm almost to the end :( It's been a good read, though!
FinnickOdairFan chapter 10 . 12/4/2013
I can not get over how well you wrote Vaan's character and how much fun he is to read about :)
FinnickOdairFan chapter 9 . 12/2/2013
I love it. I was a little afraid there for a moment, but my favorite chapter so far :)
FinnickOdairFan chapter 8 . 12/1/2013
I love the ending of this chapter. Vaan asked so casually and it was really sweet :)
FinnickOdairFan chapter 7 . 12/1/2013
Long chapter :) Nice, though, I really do like Vaan and Saul's relationship :)
460 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »