Reviews for A Revolution Kind (previously titled Pretty Shade of Grey)
oshiritorii chapter 1 . 9/3
There's something to be said about a work that never fails to move you, even if you'd read it so many times.

I've just finished reading Pretty Shade of Grey, for the third time. And once again find myself crying just after midnight. Vaan and Saul, they're not the usual couple I'd find myself shedding tears over, or cheering for, or even staying up a whole night to read through.

And it's not like I've fallen in love with your work instantly. It's more like somehow, before I knew it; these boys had just eased themselves into their own nook in my heart. And they're staying right where they are.

Basically, the only reason I'm here is because it's the only way I could show appreciation for your creation. My own sad-puddle moments are no longer as sad when I've got Vaan and Saul's story for company.
ultimatefanficfan chapter 1 . 9/2
Okay, I will have to keep rereading the chapters, but can I tell you that I honestly liked the old beginning better? This one is good dont get me wrong but the other one was much more comical and whimsical feeling.
Guest chapter 13 . 2/17
Good story!
descorpion chapter 12 . 8/27/2014
Even with chapters missing this was still enjoyable. However think the story should have continued to the point where the relationship took that final sexual act.
014 chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
Put this story as incomplete; it's misleading saying its complete when chapters are missing
InsanityAndBeyond chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
just want to add I know there's already a seperate piece called home free. Read and loved it too.
InsanityAndBeyond chapter 14 . 8/20/2014
ok, so i got an update for this because I'm following you as an author.
Decided to go back and read the story, and

Even lacking five chapters it's one of my favourite ever stories on here. I tried to drag it out as much as I could, but all great things come to an end and now I'm bereft.
I absolutely adore the two characters. Usually when one's so unique like Saul, and also really nice like he is, I always find the other character lacking somehow. But you managed to make Vaan just as imperfectly perfect. Their interactions, their romance, everything, gaaah.
The ONLY slight thing that niggled me a bit is that although I loved Vaan's innocence and obliviousness at recognising feelings and relationships, sometimes, and this was reinforced a little by his closing line, it felt like he saw no true difference in being in love with Saul and loving him. Like, Saul would be really distraught if they broke up, but Vaan may not be if they would continue being friends. I don't know if that makes sense, it was only the smallest thing anyway.

Also, I've just realised this second you're also the author to the teneberism series. (sorry if I've got that completely wrong, just off the top of my head.) I'm in awe of you're skills man.

So, I'm almost 1000% sure there's no chance of this, especially since this story is 10 years old and you're working on other brilliant ones, but IF, one day, you decided to you know, do a few one-shots (I won't push it and say a sequel, even though they are at the beginning of their relationship and there is so much more to be potentially explored) just know you'd have an extremely excited reader.

Thankyou for this gem dude.
Morgan Stepanov chapter 13 . 8/20/2014
Whoops, posted too early. I just wanted to say that this was a pleasure to read (even with a few chapters missing) and I decided to take the time to write a quick review from this awful iPod device despite the awful wifi of a developing country to let you know how much I laughed and how much I adored your characters and the story. Kinda wish we knew what's up with Todd's mystery boyfriend and if Brian is ever gonna get his act together, but I can live without knowing.

Thanks again for writing this,

- Kerrigas
Morgan Stepanov chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
So, uh,
Melissa chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
Hey there! This is Melissa from A Drop of Romeo here to let you know that a review for "Pretty Shade of Grey" is up on our site. Congrats! Here's your review:

Melissa Thinks: Alyn Drasil (the author of several other well known slash stories, including In Manitou) tells the heartwarming story of Vaan and Saul, two college kids who end up finding solace in one another after realizing that their strangely unusual relationship could be worth more to each other than anything else.

Right off the bat the author hits you with their strong voice and unforgettable character development. The chapters are pretty compact, about ten thousand words each, but there's only thirteen in total and so it's quite easy to get lost in the bulk of the story. This does, however, seem to be one of those ones that you can gobble up in one day without even realizing how much time has passed.

Literal slash perfection in under 130,000 words, Pretty Shade of Grey can warm even your coldest days with its bright humor, compelling characters, and stellar (b)romance. I can't even begin to explain how much I love this story - I encourage everyone to read it!
Chevix chapter 6 . 7/30/2014
And then i see the scene that reminded me of them is down for editing :( best of luck!
Chevix chapter 1 . 7/30/2014
So I was out with friends after work today and I realized that the backgroud music playing while we were waiting for our food was the beach boys kokomo which instantly made me think of saul and vaan and i had to come back and visit them again . Kudos!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/22/2014
Will those chapters ever be back or the publication of this novel be available?
Guest chapter 13 . 3/9/2014
Beautiful story
DemeRain chapter 13 . 3/10/2014
It took 8 years to write this and I read it in one day. I couldn't stop. I am utterly in love with Vaan. That you so much for sharing this!
473 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »