Reviews for Behind the cloudy veil
Keskonrix chapter 5 . 4/25/2012
I love how "he" (God, supposedly) at first is perceived as distant, and then becomes more and more real in the speaker's mind, to eventually gift her with exactly the kind of comfort that (as we learn in the penultimate line) she needs. - And I also love how the speaker responds to his deep affection...

Blows my mind how you manage to put such things into words. First poem for a long time to go to my favorites.
Franziska chapter 5 . 4/25/2012
Das Gedicht ist wieder unglaublich melodisch. Am besten gefällt mir “You drop your dearest name for me into my mind”, Das hat etwas Magisches. Auch die überraschende letzte Zeile mit den Tränen ist eindrucksvoll.
marinawings chapter 5 . 4/25/2012
this poem is beautiful. it is so evocative of life and all its heartache... and the joy that comes from the dearest name, "like a little daystar in a meadow." i love that line. excellent.
Cesy chapter 4 . 4/25/2012
I love the line "cleanse away the sins I crave".

I know I don't review very often, but I do like your work.
RecycledAir chapter 4 . 4/25/2012
I really appreciate this poem, because it could have different meanings for different people and different religions. Personally the line "cleanse away the sins I crave" really applies to me, because I know the feeling of wanting something as much as you want it to go away. Keep up the good work.
reede-osidius chapter 4 . 4/25/2012
I liked your poem... Don't worry, He'll always be there for you :)
marinawings chapter 4 . 4/25/2012
wow. this poem is very impressive. i find it beautiful and poignant. the words flow so well. love (wings)
Black and White Dreams chapter 4 . 4/25/2012
Thsi is so inspiring and Beautiful.

"Brokenpieces of melie mendingin your hand."

I love those lines. Beatiful job.

*::Cat::*
Ironic Presence chapter 4 . 4/25/2012
Love it. It really speaks to my heart.

btw, thanks for that awesome review.
Lady E chapter 4 . 4/25/2012
Reminds me so strongly of a hymn. "cleanse away the sins I crave" shook me. We -do- crave and so desperately for all these things outside of God and yet, He alone is sufficient enough if only we would turn. Painful existence that only He can calm.
Getuie chapter 4 . 4/25/2012
There's such a longing in this piece as there has frequently been in your other ones... Simply worded, yet so powerful. The second stanza in particular was a beautiful image to me. Not many poets/writers I've read recently speak of the breath of God... gave me something new about God to consider.

I haven't reviewed in a while. Hoping to change that soon. :)

Hope you are well.

Be blessed.
E. A. Tetje chapter 4 . 4/25/2012
Well written and on a topic that I understand so very well. This piece is beautiful in its simplicity.

Beth
hidden jewel chapter 4 . 4/25/2012
I haven't been on this site in ages. But your work is beautiful, really admire it x
Ironic Presence chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
I say "darkness" fits better here, because you're trying to keep it childlike. "Twilight" seems a little too sparkling for the simple message you're trying to get across.

I like this one, too.
His Mercy's Waiting chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
wow, i like it alot, especially this phrase: "like snow-spangled strands of silk". it was very descriptive in a not-annoying way. ya know?

and anyway, i think "darkness" would be better than "twilight" but that's okay, my opinion doesn't really matter. *cheery smile*

i look forward to reading your great poems of faith.
39 | Page 1 .. Last Next »