Reviews for Circles of Arven
Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 22 . 12/23/2009
I really think that you need to work the information of the author's notes into the story itself, otherwise it just doesn't feel complete, or professional. Anyways, that was my major issue with this chapter as the author's notes seemed longer than the actual chapter... -.-:;

Onto the actual chapter ~ this battle scene was written better than a lot of the ones that I've read in your future works, as I was able to follow it which meant I didn't get bored and skip paragraphs. However, the time jump should be made more obvious, as the transition from the last chapter to this one felt extremely disjointed.

I'm guessing the other opponent is the guy Azuren met before, when he first came into the forest...forgotten his name...eep.

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 21 . 12/23/2009
I liked the dialogue here ~ Thelanor feels much more real, now that we get to see what he was like through all of these flashbacks. Also, it was great to see an explanation from the djinn regarding the whole bonding process. I get the feeling that the fire lord may bond with someone that we'll meet later, possibly as an enemy? If so, that would be pretty cool.

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 20 . 12/23/2009
Oh, I liked this chapter much more than the others. Would've been more interesting if something evil had tried to bind to Azuren, but that's just me. Smooth sailing in stories isn't my thing. But the descriptions here were good, as was the flow and pacing.

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 19 . 12/23/2009
Maybe you could spread out the information a little more with story action, as it felt a bit too much like an RPG info-dump rather than 'story'. If this Azuren guy is picking up skills in a matter of hours, then he's going to be unstoppable before he turns twelve... :/

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 18 . 12/23/2009
Haha, nice twist at the end. Not sure how an eleven year old can keep on wielding a large weapon all day though.

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 17 . 12/23/2009
The determinations and frustrations of Aruzen were very well written ~ the whole teaching scene was cute, and I liked how you paralleled it with Thelanor's own efforts to learn back in the past. My only problem is that it feels too much like predetermination, that Azuren is going to follow exactly in Thelanor's footsteps, so I hope things will spice up later on. It'd be good to see Azuren being forced to make difficult choices and mistakes.

Aspiemor chapter 16 . 12/19/2009
It was a little dialouge heavy but without much description. Still an okay chapter. Decided to get back into this as there was nothing else I could review. I am caught up with Eternal Grail and a Rangers Tale. The god bit was waht I liked.
Cedric Kale chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
wow. That prologue was epic. Can't wait to read the real story now! Love all the explanation, done in a way that wasn't boring but still made sense. All the characters are epic
Aspiemor chapter 15 . 10/16/2009
Good little interlude. Wasn't expecting a history lesson. I probably should of something like this in my own story at least in another version at least it could have upped my prologue as an introduction to my world. You really put a lot of thought into this and it shows. God job!
Aspiemor chapter 14 . 9/11/2009
Good twist with Ilgen. Thsi chaper was sort of an aftermath. Wonder if there will be a timeskip or if it will actually show his progress. Guess I will ahve to find out. This village is really or I should say was supersticious I mean to exile kids jsut liek that. Geez I would hate to be born in that place I would probably be exiled from day one.
Aspiemor chapter 13 . 8/27/2009
Although he didn't feel anything, I'm happy. Such a fantastic display of blood and gore sorry if I sound morbid. I jsut enjoy seeing the bad suffer. So underneath it all Ranor was a coward? WEll lets see how the rest of ths story unfolds now that he has gotten soem closure. I noticed one mistake, you had the word then as the at one instance. Jsut thougth I would bring it to your attention if you don't mind that is.
Aspiemor chapter 12 . 8/27/2009
A cliffhanger. I have to read on now. Its funny how people can easily be swayed by words. I don't knwo whether ot pity the villagers or hate them. I still want Ranor to suffer horribly. He needs to be knocked dow na peg.
Aspiemor chapter 11 . 8/27/2009
Yay revenge! I understand the whole concept of closure I know I have desired it more times to count well that might be an exageration. Nothing really wrong with the chapter its good. If I understand correctly he is goign back to the village? WEll should be interesting either way.
Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 16 . 8/27/2009
I really like the concept of a spiritual versus a magical weapon and the conversation that passed between Azuren and Lyren. This whole chapter had a philosophical feel to it that was carried on from the interlude...me likes! :)

I think I've paid you back ~ will get round to reading more in the future!

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 15 . 8/27/2009
This was a nice break from the intensity of the other chapters. I'm guessing that these people are the people that Azuren comes from?

A few errors:

We felt an inexplicable bond with him as we chat [chatted] with him.

When we woke up the next morning, we thought it as [was] a dream.

1,150 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »