Reviews for Circles of Arven
Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 14 . 8/27/2009
Oh, finding out the truth about Julia was pretty cool. Nice introduction of another character; I am looking forward to see where you take this!

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 13 . 8/27/2009
Not too sure about the battle scenes: they seemed a bit too turn-based. In real life, there is no way that the warriors would take it in turns to attack, they'd all go in at the same time. Also, I found the descriptions of them a little mundane to read simply because writing down every single action that happens really doesn't interest me in a battle.

Other than that, whoo he kicked butt! :P

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 12 . 8/27/2009
Poor villagers...I get the feeling that this is going to get bloody...

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 11 . 8/27/2009
Ouch, Ranor's heartlessness never ceases to amaze me. I hope he gets his butt kicked soon!

Aspiemor chapter 10 . 8/24/2009
At least he got to talk to her one last time. Antoer good chapter. Detail and dialouge is top notch and it seems that our protagonist is settling into his past roel or at least he has accepted what he was if that makes sense. Something about a giant wolf I still find awesome. Still I wish he got back at a certain creep I have mentioned in previous reviews.
Reigh chapter 2 . 8/24/2009
Oh, the opening to this is so sad. He kills his lover. Poor thing. I love your style. It flows so nicely. The details and dialogue all weave together flawlessly. A lot of authors have trouble making their dialogue flow like that. So good job!

I will get to the next chapter when I can. I've been working a lot, so I don't know when that will be.

Things I noticed:

[“Argath, isn’t that you? I know you would come. Even though you have been slain by me and all that remains of you is your soul…”]

I feel like it should be "Argath, 'is' that you? I 'knew' you would come. Even though you have been slain by me ',' and all that remains of you is your soul." It's less awkward to read.

...

[“Fenris… he maybe a demon, but he spoke the truth…” ]

Should be "Fenris...he 'may be' a demon, but he spoke the truth.."

...

[“Damn you! Argath! Be gone from here! You already have no place in the mortal world. Be gone to the Abyss where you should belong!”]

Just edit out "should" before the word "belong" because it's kind of awkward to have both. Also, "Damn you, Argath!" should be one sentence.

I didn't see anything else glaringly wrong with the chapter. That's just the stuff I noticed. Good work!

~Reigh~

From the Roadhouse with Love!

You have been repaid!
Aspiemor chapter 9 . 8/20/2009
Old friends reunite? Hmm well this story is still good in my opinion. Personally I am not much of a scimtar person but more of a braodsword kind of guy. I don't really have much to say. IT was short but sweet I repeat that aq lot but repittion is one of my tics that and my brain is getting a little tired. Nice job.
N.E. Olson chapter 8 . 8/18/2009
I liked that this chapter gave some information about the different types of elves as well as the Edenish. It was all very interesting. I'm very intrigued by the scimitar that Azuren has found, especially because it is guarded by a wolf, and I can't wait to see how Azuren defeats that beast. Plus, I get the feeling that this weapon is special in some way and is going to be of great benefit to Azuren in the future.
N.E. Olson chapter 7 . 8/18/2009
Hey there, sorry for being so slow in reviewing. Life has been getting in the way recently.

Yay for wolves! I expected them to show up eventually since you love them so much, and I'm delighted that Azuren has such a rapport with them. I also think it's really cool that Azuren is able to assimilate into the forest and not be spotted by the people pursuing him. Neat ability to have. The ending was good too with that little cliffhanger. Azuren just keeps getting into these situations; you don't ever give him a break do you? Well, I am looking forward to reading more. :)
Aspiemor chapter 7 . 8/14/2009
Oh a cliffie! Short but it did its job. Good descriptions as always. I thought the part with the wolf was cute. Excellent work Mr. Ragna. Sorry if this review is short but I didn't see any error.
Aspiemor chapter 6 . 8/14/2009
I want Ranor to suffer. Sorry to sound obsessive but I just hate him so much. You did a good job of making a character t ohate. So he escaped death thanks to someone else who sympathizes with him. Getting good so far then again it was good before. Can't really critiqe anything here.
Said Author chapter 9 . 8/9/2009
Been a while since i read this, hopefully I can remember what's been happening! I liked the fight scene, when Azuren was fighting with all his might only for it to be a test. And the thorns on the blade with the blood was interesting. And now... Azuren is supposed someone named Thelanor? t sounds familiar, but that may be just me. :P
Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 10 . 8/6/2009
The dream here was really touching, and I liked this chapter a lot better than the others because you explored Azuren's emotions internally. The soul searching helped me empathise with him a lot more, and made his reactions to finding out who he is seem more realistic.

I know I said that I would review The Eternal Grail, but my eyes are killing me, and due to being real busy, the review paybacks have piled up a lot, hence I'm having to repay through things that are shorter reads in order to get back on track. However, I do have a new chapter of Soul Catcher up, and if you review that one then it would mean that I owed you again, which I could use to check out The Eternal Grail.

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 9 . 8/6/2009
Hehe, dramatic. All the way throughout this, I'm imagining a tiny lil kid and I'm just shaking my head ~ this would definitely work much better as an anime, because right now, your character doesn't seem to have any flaws and is in danger of becoming the male equivalent of a Mary Sue. Loved the ending though.

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 8 . 8/6/2009
Oh, is the wolf the warrior who gave his life for immortality? I feel kinda bad for the wood elves as it sounds like they got the worst deal out of all the elves. Eldan seems lik to me, and I do hope that not all the female wood elves are like that...here's my feminist side coming through.

1,150 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »