Reviews for I Am America
KeepMovingForward chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
That was beautiful and so true, we shouldn't hate America because of one man's mistake because one man isn't America.
Andrew Joshua Talon chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
Oh, dont' worry, we don't hate America for Bush! We hate you anyway! Hi, Muhammad Joe, Islamic Propagan-er, Media Service! I'd just like to thank you and your fellow dhimmis for helping the jihad along in your own ways! No no, don't be modest! Hating your culture and civiliation, being paranoid of your government when our nations have even more tyran-er, ordered ones? I mean, I didn't think you Westerners would buy us claiming ourselves the victims (victims, ha!) and you the evil imperialists! I thought you were smarter than that!

Of course, it's all really quite anti-climactic. We're about to rule Europe in a few years, and your nation? Well, it won't take as long now! All thanks to gullible infidels like you so willing to destroy your civilization FOR US! You'll all have special dhimmi status! Worth three-fourths that of a Muslim, instead of one-half for the rest of the dhimmis! See you then!

ALLAH AKBAR!

Sincerely,

Muhammad Joe
TearsOfTurquoiseAngels chapter 1 . 11/28/2004
I can appreciate the sentiment although I'm not sure I agree with it. I don't hate my country for Bush, though. I hate my country for it's tolerance of child abuse, for it's intolerance of homosexuals, women, and other cutures. So many Americans think we're so much better than the rest of the world, but then we pass a ban on gay marriage. Then we elect Bush. We're not better. We're pretty much Bible thumping bigots. Anyway, just my opinion. I still like the poem. ~Terra
DragQueenLover chapter 1 . 11/12/2004
Okay I've been thinking about how I could review this all night, it's kind of hard for me since there are so many things this makes me think about.
You say don't hate America for Bush, now I hate Bush with a passion. I don't think he should lead our country and the last 4 years have been prooft enough. Well apperantly not enough. Now he isn't the reason most people hate America, most don't hate it, they are just pissed at the state it is right now and say they want to leave. My mum told me if Bush starts a draft, which he very well might do, we are moving to canada.
Now I don't hate America for Bush, I'm not happy about that but that it not my reason for hating this country. My reasons are many really. I don't like living in a country that seems to enjoying bombing the hell out of other places. We basicaly suck, if you look at our history. I am not proud of being American, I have to pride in this country.
Sorry, I know you probably don't care at all but I think reviews that tell you what your work made them think and feel are better then little one liners. Okay...well I'm done here.
chocoholic chapter 1 . 10/18/2004
Suprisingly, I thought this was very good. I'm English and it is easy to sometimes see America epitomised in Bush and his extreme right wing friends, you make a good point that a country is made up of more than the people the media seem to regard as the majority. It was well written too, you managed to come off as idealistic without being unrealistic.
"Who still believe in what this country once stood for" I wouldn't get too caught up in that. Although when it was formed the US did stand for some great things, it has also endorsed a lot of prejudices, not the England hasn't too. I'd concentrate on what you want America too be in the future, not the past. But that's just me being picky! I do like this poem, It is good that you feel so strongly about your beliefs without being hostile. Also, I love your name!