Reviews for Video Games Don't Suck, But Stupid People Do
Forgotten soldier chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
Great essay, I agree with you the whole yards. Video gales don't kill, people do.

For those of you saying video game desensitized us, it doesn't. Life desentizes us all. Video games has become one of the best way for me to wind down after a deployment. In short, it's one of the only way I could forget that I'll be deployed to some Hell Hole for the next 12 month.

That lady that buys GTA for her kid, I'm not shocked, there are more stupid people these days, just look at the retards on TV screaming ban on games. The same retards who sent us to war screams no to violent games. Congrats then, if you think games make us kill, please kindly issue all US soldier unit a copy of the most brutal games you can find, with a console that will lovingly render those glorious gore.

Addiction to games is a problem, look at China and Korea, but are all gamers like that? No!
secretly-broken chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
Wow. That was awesome, quite humorous and definitely true.
milkshake1987 chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
yea new england. Pats r gunna be sick this year!
Sorehai chapter 1 . 12/28/2006
Hm... Wish I had found this piece sooner. I agree with you so much, it's like whoa. I have been a gamer ALL my life. And my parents raised me right so they didn't even need to be concerned about what I was playing. I am a fan of RPGs, strategy games, action/adeventure, and many other kinds of games. My reflexes have indeed improved. And if I was accused of being violent, people who knew me would crack up. Anyway, this made alot of sense.

Parents need to go up to their children and say "If you are not *insert age here* DON'T TOUCH IT." Gaming companies can only go so far, so can the ESRB, and then it is the parents/children's responsibility...

I love video games. They got me into anime. And they serve as fun things to write about. I am an avid writer of original and fanfiction. I'm sick of everyone blaming video games... Look, if the player screws up, that just reflects on them what a pathetic person they are. It was their choice to screw around...

Thanks for making my...*looks at clock* late, late night.
WS chapter 1 . 6/10/2006
Very troubling. I understand that puzzle games can be very good for people. Problem is, most gamers stear clear of them. Yes its true that parents should care more. Very true. However if you play more video games than you do read, how can you get anywhere in life. I love gaming, but there is a fine line between gaming to much and just enjoying it.
Sally-andersonn chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
Fantastic. I'm going to make an effort with those games now. Inspirational! I'm not being sarcastic. Really.
writingonpaperx chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
Haha I love this, wonderful job and good read!
rust phoenix chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
That's the greatest conclusion I have ever read. 'Nuff said. It makes no sense for people to blame all their problems on video games ( I love it how I said 'Nuff said and continued writing there. I do that when I talk too). I'm don't think I'm a violent person, but I'm a huge video game geek. Super Smash Brothers Meelee forever!
The American Dream chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
You're definately my kind of person! Been playing video games since forever, when I was probably 5 years old. Still playin to...but I'm not too crazy about it even though i own more than 3 concoles xD. Okay a little nutty but won't jump off a cliff for a platinum Legend of Zelda game or something xD. But you do have a point about the stupid people...they really do need to get shot xD
cjwriter chapter 1 . 1/15/2006
This all is so true!
Chibiheartdragon chapter 1 . 12/11/2005
I wrote a rant like this some time ago, but this was much better than mine. I believe you got the point across quite well. A lot of things involving parents disliking video games seem to run far from common sense, such as 'video games kill people'. I commend you for writing this, because everything that you said is true. Great job.
not sure yet chapter 1 . 11/8/2005
it's sad that an essay like this even has to be written, people get rather annoying concerning videogame influences...or music, etc, le sigh, o well, muchly entertaining little talk you have here, nicely done
AVDA chapter 1 . 10/1/2005
You also have to follow my demands, lol.
ValkyrieRavenfeather chapter 1 . 9/27/2005
That is totally OUTRAGEOUS about the mother of the 6-year-old. When her kid turns into a whoring gangster who goes around killing people, she'd damn well better not cry to the makers of the game about it. I agree with you...when I was little and I was going to watch a violent movie (even something like Jurassic Park), my mother would say, "Okay, Kathryn, now this isn't real. It's all pretend, and it's bad to shoot at people." Pretty simple, no? Parents today are too lazy to do that!

Now that I'm a writer, I've explained to Mom that I think things are acceptable in fiction and games that aren't acceptable in real life. It's a theory that serves me well.

Okay, now that I've finished this rant I call a review...I'll say again, I agree with you. This was, as always, well-written, and it made me laugh in a couple parts-particularly when you suggested Grand Theft Auto growing arms and legs and shooting people.
The-unimportant-item chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
Exactly! I have been TRYING to get this exact point across to people! you rock.I don't play too many video games myself(I only play SuperNintendo, even though most people don't remember what that owns!) but I have nothing against them. There are, though, the games that I love (Ex: Chrono Trigger. Not the PS2 version, don't ask me why, but the SuperNintendo version) But anyways! I'll be quiet now... this is getting kinda long for me and I'm going to get completely off topic any second...

50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »