Reviews for Just a Scratch
catseyeview chapter 1 . 7/2/2005
Despite your summary...I think this is a good piece. It speaks the mind of a poet...the poet sees the very little, everyday and can play it against the bigger things in life. In this it is true poetry...don't criticize your own work. It's too good. I haven't come across anything that is unworthy of being called poetry...When you get time, revisit me...all my best Christine
Icy Arya chapter 1 . 4/11/2005
I loved it. I could feel the emotions you were trying to bring out. I love the first, fourth, and fifth stanzas. :)
aquamoon222 chapter 1 . 2/21/2005
Oh, very amazing. This has so much meaning to it! The comparasion of being phsically hurt to being emotionally hurt are so true; the outside may heal quickly but the inside won't. The ending was very lovely.

:) WOW! I'll start by saying thankyou so so much for the helpful advice. Thoose were the best reviwes I've ever gotten! I cannot thank you enough. It means so much to me that you used your valuble time to read my poems and give me help! I know I need a lot of work, and you helped me see ways I can improve. I a so very grateful! Thanks! :)

Amanda*
Steel Winged Angel chapter 1 . 2/15/2005
Not as brilliant as your other pieces, but I like the metaphors and the words you used, love. Liebchen Rose
penname1920 chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
i can so relate to thisits a pretty good piece!i like your writing style
militantfeminist chapter 1 . 12/13/2004
Pretty, I can relate to this. Comparison works really well especially here. It's very touching, love _
E. A. Tetje chapter 1 . 11/16/2004
I like what you have written here. "Today I nicked my finger/today I nicked my heart..." I like those lines.
RehabIsForQuitters chapter 1 . 11/2/2004
amazing...it's simply amazing- well written, well expressed, pure emotion but not lacking in style. i love it
Cari-anne chapter 1 . 10/19/2004
Oh goodness, this is absolutely the most perfect poem I have ever read! I don't even know why but it's so touching I almost cried. It's just so passionate and I can feel everything. Not just reading words but really feeling and experiencing them. I bet you didn't think that would happen, but you don't know what someone else will think of your poem, and I think this one is exceptional. It's the greatest thing I have ever had the joy to read.
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 10/18/2004
painful! that hurts. that was good :) nice job and keep it up dude!
PetiteLumiere chapter 1 . 10/17/2004
I really like this poem. I'm going through that sort of feeling right now too. You have a lot of talent, and I guess the only thing that feeling bad is good for is inspiration in poetry.
Oh, and you wrote "Itseld," instead of
"itself," in the last line of the the 5th stanza.
Hope you feel better,
Kati .
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 10/17/2004
Today I nicked my finger
Today I nicked my heart
One scabbed over
The other's still bleeding
Nice way of putting it, Matthew. You always portray your emotions in such a truly visible way, if you get what I mean. Great job as usual, and keep it up! :)
lis-bis chapter 1 . 10/16/2004
This is a beautiful poem. You really get a feel for the emotion that was there when it was written. Keep writing, your stuff is great.