Reviews for The dragon none could slay
Kyre Crow chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
I like the concept. The way it starts with a dragon that just wouldn't come out, and then all the dragons died but he didn't because he liked to sing, and the way it turned from something light and humorous to something that makes us think. Good poem!

I also like your use of the word 'simply'. I really like to use that word too; but I'm not too good at writing poetry. And the way each line is ended in a simple rhyme, and it sounds so, well, pretty. It flows well, too. I mean, some things are too long or too short, a bit, but I think it all works well.
Amitu chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
Bravo! Good Work!
B.S. Ha chapter 1 . 7/27/2006
the idea is great, though the "making dragons everywhere despair" didn't work so well
E. M. Grinlord chapter 1 . 1/1/2005
Cool. I liked the dragon. It's an interesting idea.
RDorothyW chapter 1 . 12/3/2004
Simple ryhmes but really funny. :)
Ahrar chapter 1 . 11/9/2004
Heh. That's pretty good, 'Neb. We likes it. The "making dragons everywhere despair" line doesn't work because it has so many more syllables than the other lines that it breaks up the iambic pentameter. Good job, though, overall. Kudos.
_Ahrar
Honey Nut Loop and m-j chapter 1 . 10/19/2004
That's really good. I like the idea. Your rhythms a little off in places though.
nightdragon0 chapter 1 . 10/19/2004
Has a nice rhyme to it and certainly an interesting dragon!
Otisfrimpa chapter 1 . 10/18/2004
Aw. Beautiful poem. It really has depth to it.
Keep writing!
~K~
P.S. R&R one of mine?
Skiv chapter 1 . 10/18/2004
'Oot! It RHYMES! And it's cetchy! I like it! Something about the line "Making dragons everywhere despair." doesn't sound right. I think it's 'cause "Everywhere" and "despair" rhyme, thus it kinda throws it off. Maybe like...
"It stole no gold or maidens fair
Making other dragons deeply despair."
Or something... Ya I dunno, your poem, it just didn't flow as well as the rest did. I like the lines:
'Madness' all the heroes cried
"Folly" all the dragons sighed.
*hugs* Fair work meh friend.
~Skiv