Reviews for Flowers
Sylvia Ann Elliot chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
I loved the poem, but the Author's Note confused me. The "true" meaning hardly seems to match. But other than that, I found it a sweet love poem and a desperate cry for help. Kinda contradictory, but that makes sense in my head _
negligible fictional force chapter 1 . 12/1/2004
heyhey! fellow nirvana/evanescence fan! hello. anyway, i like the poem. it's your usual romantic-emotional style which is just full of divine beauty. you capture human pain with amazing poeticism. -kismet.
Alba Deborah chapter 1 . 11/9/2004
im sorry for your friend... especially since your poem really makes the reader feel what both of you went through. sometimes it doesnt make sense, sometimes its way past the line when description becomes painful, sometimes its gentle and flowing like a song... its made more powerful by the contrast between the different stanzas. i guess that's what you wanted it to be. i just wanted to say, this is yet another great poem, very emotive but in a way also very dry in the sense that its cynical, to a certain point. what i mean, for instance, is the fact that you care in an almost sickly (not perverted, in the sense of insane) way about this friend that does you no good and to which you do no good. correct me if im wrong. anyway, great poem, love you as always
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 10/31/2004
i like the rhyming.. it was a tad confusing but I think i got the gidst
glitterjewele chapter 1 . 10/24/2004
omg, chica, i am SO sorry, i should have reviewed this *days* ago, i've just been so disgustingly busy haven't even been on msn. stupid essay-assigning teachers *shakes fist*. anyway, hope you can forgive me . . . *grovels* :S

at any rate, this is a *gorgeous* piece of poetry. it's truly heartwrending; totally sucks you into the story of the speaker and her friend/lover by the end of it, and it's powerful enough that we don't need to know the specific story to appreciate the strong emotions which is cool. i really, really loved the fifth stanza in particular (the one beginning "i tripped into your tomb") it was almost literally painful to read that. excellent, excellent work. i applaud you. *applauds* ;)
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
UNGH.
Moving along...man, i love reading poems about the end of relationships. I don't know why, i think it's because i like it when other people's lives go wrong.

I never said i was a nice person, hehe.

A very lovely poem babe, i didn't think it was cheesy at all. I loved how you corrosponded an image with each idea, it really gave them depth. My fav line would have to be:
"I knew the tale of every single one of your stars..." it was just such an exquisite way to show the idea of knowing someone so well.
Great work chica, kudos!
Queen of the Elven City chapter 1 . 10/22/2004
I loved it, I have often used poetry to get fellings out, and thats just what you did. It was really good, deep and defintly not cheesy.
Sarah Parker chapter 1 . 10/20/2004
Aww, Mia... :( I was FINALLY able to read this *shoots glares at FP* and it brought tears to my eyes... it's so heartbreaking, even without knowing the story.. there doesn't have to be an explanation - the emotion in this poem tells everything... :( :( it makes me want to cry.. I was going to say the line that stuck out to me was "There's nothing to forgive, the fault is in no one.", but after reading the rest... it all just flows together so perfectly it's impossible to pick ONE line I loved... but I did like that line particularily because people are always trying to place the blame on someone else.. and like that you acknowledged that sometimes no one is to blame. It just happens like that sometimes. I love this poem... it is probably the saddest thing you've ever written.. probably because it's so deeply moving it quite obviously came straight from your heart. I'll shut up now. *HUGS!*
IHJ chapter 1 . 10/20/2004
I am quite blown away by this poem, Mia. It's reflective and while in some places the rhythm seems a bit jagged, I think it suits the mood and message behind the poem quite well.
You've got some wonderful phrases here, such as "wild honey thread". It really makes me wonder "Why honey?" and then I start tryin' to analyze it. Sweet...high viscocity (I don't think I spelt that right)... Hmm... But I do like how you also included descriptions of bodily... not functions, but what happens to your lungs and ribs (great inclusion!) and skin. Made it all the more vivid and easier to relate/imagine.
The ending, where you and your 'friend' are affected by each other's neglect or so...it has nice symmetry.
I'm sorry that you lost a friend, through your own or her/his folly or maybe both.
Izzy J.