Reviews for I am in Love with the Book that I Hold Every Night
Stassney chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
the formatting is beautiful ... it brings so much to the poem and the imagery in "Its pages are as silky soft as its words" is magnificent
Aleithea chapter 1 . 11/9/2004
I like the way you built it downwards as if in sleep. I know what that feels like too... I always fall asleep with a book. :)
Lord Jalore Mcbrige chapter 1 . 10/31/2004
I agree with this scene. Ha ha. I think every poet does have his/her 'role-model' book embedded in their hearts!
Pico the Great chapter 1 . 10/26/2004
I like the shape of this poem, good idea with the shortening length of each line. Falling asleep with books. . . yeah, who hasn't?
Keep writing!
-PTG
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 10/22/2004
I love that format.. its awesome.. I fall asleep reading a lot so I can relate.. great poem and thanks for your review!
kit feral chapter 1 . 10/22/2004
Oh, that was pretty. Not really a good enough word for it, but that's what comes to mind. I love the way it shrinks as you fall asleep; that's really clever and creative. Plus, as a book lover myself, I can totally relate. Good work!
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 10/22/2004
i like how the poems looks, as well as the actual poem. seems to flow great! beautiful wording!
catseyeview chapter 1 . 10/21/2004
I love this, it is shaped like the end to a blanket a child holds and the book is held as such...just beautiful
beatnikpoetic chapter 1 . 10/20/2004
good books are like a dream's cushion for the soul, and rarely does a night pass when i myself am not far from guilty of having fallen asleep to the literary comforts of my favorite authors.
i truly enjoyed this.
thank you for your kind comments in regard to "static alternation". truly appreciated. i do not think i can express enough adequate praise in return!
loulavellena chapter 1 . 10/20/2004
the way each line gets shorter...
- as drifting off to sleep -
is really cool
~Lou Ellen~
Princess-anna57 chapter 1 . 10/20/2004
Not bad, not bad at all! Keep it up!
-Anna.