Reviews for Castle Mirrors
Fluffy chapter 29 . 3/20/2007
ROFL at that last line. xD

I loved this story, I just spent ages reading it. .; The only thing I'm kind of "O.o?" about is the fact that her foster parents never noticed the fact that their daughter was missing on weekends and that there was a tree growing in their house (or maybe that was cleared up and I didn't notice?) but aside from that it was a fantastic story, you turned a cliche into something truly original, this is fantastic! :D
Fluffy chapter 4 . 3/20/2007
" “Fenrir was one of the most powerful men in Bastion, and he has been searching for you, through all the worlds ever since… he vowed to take possession of you, my only daughter at midnight, on your sixteenth birthday.”

“… I’m turning eighteen in June.” Kit blinked skeptically.

“Fenrir is a great procrastinator… "

ROFL.

And undeniably beautiful, eh? ;D I can see where THAT is going.
Fresh Harvest chapter 29 . 3/18/2007
This was such a great story. I'd seen this on the favorites list of so many people that I knew I'd have to read it eventually, but I didn't know I would enjoy it as much as I did.

I mean, where to start-first, there's the brilliance of the story idea itself. I mean, it's so original, and yet it draws parallels to Beauty and the Beast in such a beautiful way. (By the way, I also noticed the Joseph remark Katrina made-reference to the Bible? The story about Joseph and Potiphar's wife?)

I have to say, from what I've seen so far, I love your story ideas. They're so interesting and compelling. At the same time, I also like the way you write-it's very readable.

Ah, I loved this story. You know that contented feeling you get after reading a really good book or watching a really good movie, where you're really happy but you're not quite sure where to go from there? That's kind of how I feel.

One thing I have to say that I loved about this story was how Arturo and Kit's love for each other was developed so subtly, over time. That's a lot more realistic-and a lot more romantic-and, in my opinion, a lot more beautiful and rewarding-than some kind of random fireworks from the start that end soon after. I just thought that was amazing.

One thing is that I don't really like stories where one of the characters ends up writing the book about the adventure, and at times I found that it was kind of awkward to have Jewelz being the narrator-but it worked okay, and you still told the story well. I think the main reason I don't like that in stories is because it makes the story feel more distant, and not as connected as if it was just solid third person or solid first person. Here, though, it works okay; and I think using first person with another character would have taken away from the narration.

I loved all the characters a lot. Arturo, from the first chapter, seemed really interesting and kind at heart. It surprised me later to see that he was so cold, but even then, it was... wow. And Kit, she's just so innocent and adorable and I loved her. I thought maybe Draca would actually try to help them, because she was just so-innocent, but I guess that's not how it went.

Torrence, I first thought, was going to be a typical tomboyish female main character's sidekick kind of person-but you proved me completely wrong, and I'm glad! Fenrir is definitely interesting, one of those tough and strong people, hahaha. From the start, I liked Angelo, though I wondered what he had been in the kingdom.

I miss the old (or new?) Cundry-the kind and matronly one, haha. But the way everything worked out made sense.

Oh! I remember, at first, that I thought the going to the Grave on weekends was such an uninteresting arrangement, keeping us from seeing all the action in the Grave, but then I realized that that was a brilliant way for you not to do a cop-out but to write a real story where things happen in both "this" world and the Grave. It was so well-done.

And the whole idea, even with Bastion-it was so interesting, and so fascinating.

I love how wherever Kit goes, things start to grow and heal. And I loved reading about how the Beast disappeared and the curse broke-it was so beautiful.

And Kit's abilities, too, were cool and fitting. And I liked it that she was a ballerina-it just seemed to suit her personality. Arturo is immensely talented-I can't imagine fighting like he did, in the conditions he was in, and all that. I mean, wow. And he's such a good guy overall. It must have been so hard for him, to keep loving Kit while she hated him. At first, I was almost mad at Kit because she was just so harsh in her opinion of Arturo-but in a way, that proved so beautiful because she grew to love him gradually and deeply.

I'm sure there's a lot more I could say, but... wow. I mean, I was just blown away by the whole story, and I just loved it. A sequel would be amazing. But the story itself, just... I can't get over that whole "Beauty and the Beast on acid" thing. At first, that really confused me, but I got it within the first few chapters and it just wowed me.

Overall, I really loved the whole thing. Just so original and interesting and fun. :) I read this starting yesterday and kept reading to today; and I enjoyed every bit! This will probably be one of those stories I end up reading again and again.

I'd love it if you published all these stories, so I could buy a copy of the book and read it whenever I wanted to. That'd be amazing.

Well, I hope you have an amazing week! :)
me chapter 5 . 3/10/2007
I feel like a lot of kit's reactions aren't realistic...she should be a little more resistant in the beginning when she comes to magical world, and when she's supposed to marry the prince. I know you go through a process of how she plans to act weak, but it loses it's effect because she is very weak, and so it just seems like she's giving in too easily. It would be more interesting to read if she was more aggressive, and I think it would be more believable this way when the prince falls in love with her. no one likes weak people.

Yeah, and the whole first person thing threw me off guard. Just cut that part out. And the mother seems halfway comical, so if she's supposed to be the archetypal clown, go all the way, don't make her seem half powerful and half forgetful. Or just make her powerful, but don't be in between. But good start...
Carmen-sama chapter 29 . 2/14/2007
Ahh I just loved it! Great job from begining to end!
Silveralsa chapter 29 . 2/14/2007
I enjoyed reading this :) I look forward to hopefully reading a sequel soon :D
mozine chapter 15 . 2/12/2007
i don't like how there's odd tidbits of first person narrations in the story..it just doesn't go along with it
Aytheria chapter 29 . 2/6/2007
you know. you could get this published. a bit of editing and such and you really could. Tonnes of people have done retellings of Beauty and the Beast, but I have to say that this is one of my favourites. And I mean that I'm not just talking about stories I've found on this site, but actual books that have been published. Honestly, you can never go wrong with retelling an old tale...it's how you retell it and how WELL you retell it and just what sort of twist you put to it that determines how successful it'll be.

And honestly, i've NEVER heard of persephone spelled the way you did...what book did you get it from? I'd like to know. I never knew there was a different spelling.

Anyway, I'll be looking out for any future stories you do. And i'm adding this to favourites. I know i'll want to read it again someday. I always re-read my favourites.

Aytheria chapter 6 . 2/5/2007
er...just out of curiosity, but did you MEAN to call her Proserpine? Because i'm pretty sure you're talking about Persephone, right? Persephone, daughter of Demeter (or Ceres, if you're roman)?

just checking.
britty-tt chapter 29 . 1/24/2007
Your story is amazing to say the least.

Good authors can write a cliche talently, really good authors can turn a cliche into their own story by adding their own spin on the story, Brilliant outstanding authors can come up with a unique original plot and deliver it talentily, emotionally and passionately. You are one of those authors. I have about 60 authors on my favourites list (ive got 2 edit it sometime) I say only about 10 of them qualify as Brilliant Outstanding authors with unique plots.

I guess the whole falling in love to break a curse could be considered a cliche, but if you think about it the cliche is kiss to break a curse. The whole idea of the whole kingdom turning to animals was unique and sometimes amusing.

Your story did it all for me, you managed to put action, romance and fantasy all into one story. You devolped your characters well, surprising us by turning the half-mad prince into a loving husband. I think the whole idea of Kit being the daughter of the witch that caused it all was a very good idea.

Great Work! Congrats on being nominated for the skow awards...u defiantly deserve it.
Sake-chan chapter 29 . 12/30/2006
This was a really good read. I loved the characters, especially Kit, Arturo, and Fenrir. This stry has a good sense of humor that had me laughing out loud! There was some word confusion that jarred me out of the narrative for a bit, but the plot was compelling enough to get me over that.

Anywho, you're a great writer! Thanks for sharing.
marginalia chapter 29 . 12/20/2006
That was a cute story! Some mistakes in grammar and spelling, but not enought that it takes anything away. I was initially attracted to it because I LOVE Beauty and the Beast, and it was amazing. Your story was unique, with a tidbit of cliche that fit it perfectly. Job well done!

Quincy
AnOnlyWish chapter 29 . 12/4/2006
good story
Jessi 'Pixie' Watson chapter 29 . 12/1/2006
This is like the best story ever! i loved it so much, there wasn't a single mistake in the whole thing, (well a few spelling and grammer but that's not the type of mistake i meant) Arturo was so amazingly cool, he reminded me a little of Akkarin (from the black magacian's trilogy) and kit was so sweet. i loved torrance and Angelo and Fenrir and Bronwyn and EVERYONE! i thought it was an odd point of view to do it from, and at times i wondered how she knew stuff, but it worked very well, Jewelz and Fenrir looked like a cute couple to me even if that wasn't intended and i desperatly wanted to steal Angelo, i love him. i am now going to look for more stories by you and read them *whispers to self "please have more. please have more" :D*
L.Elizabeth chapter 6 . 11/28/2006
persephone and her mother Demeter... that is the proper Greek mythology spelling... ps love the story
702 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »