Reviews for Ode To A Spider
EternalSummer chapter 1 . 2/10/2005
I really enjoyed this poem. It is beautiful on so many levels. I have an unhealthy fear of spiders, but your imagery really captured the elegance which can be seen in a spider and her web. However, I also thought this could be a metaphor for racism or bigotry. The lines "Spider, why do they fear you?... you have walked for many a mile/ searching for safety," and, "Settle down on my windowsell/ weave and spin your home until/ you have a place." It made me think of someone who has been shunned for who he was, and is searching for acceptance. I don't know if this is what you intended, but I absolutely adore poems that can be interpreted in different ways like that.

Great job!

Toodles!

-EternalSummer
Siberia82 chapter 1 . 11/9/2004
I have to admit that I'm an arachnophobic, but I did enjoy reading your poem. The descriptions are pretty, and your fondness of spiders comes out well. Kudos!
Rach chapter 1 . 10/31/2004
HI!. um I'm not that keen on spiders but this has made me think but I#ll tell you one thing I rather have a spider in my bedroom then bugs.
good work
see ya
tryp chapter 1 . 10/27/2004
-smiles- I actually almost appreciated spiders for a moment there. I'm an arachnophobe, I cant stand spiders, they terrify me, but for a moment I almost wished they didnt. Very good job!
Louellena chapter 1 . 10/26/2004
quite different
and well-liked.
Lou Ellen
Daniel Summers chapter 1 . 10/26/2004
A finely woven tale.
I love the subject you've chosen and every line drew me into the story. Very well written.