Reviews for Renuka
China.Roses.Break chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
This was incredible, powerful and heart-felt. It was interesting to read this piece in the you POV, that made it even more relatable. Some of this happened to me, and some didn't, but you capture the emotions behind it perfectly. It's really sad how narrow-minded people can be sometimes.
The Random Die chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
I do understand how you feel. Where I live (Vancouver, British Columbia), people are more tolerant as Canada is a very multicultural country, and many, MANY Asians live in the Lower Mainland.

However, I do remember when I went to this really old city which was developed long before called New Westminster, there were a lot less people of Chinese origin, and more Cauasians. They would glance and stare, too.

Inevitably, the things you've described happens to me at school, but fortunately not very often.

Thanks for writing that.
Midnyght Angel chapter 1 . 11/16/2004
*is in awe* Wow, that was very powerful and deep. I don't feel the way about the color of my skin seeing how everyone at my school is black or hispanic. I do sometimes feel alienated though. But thankfully I have managed to find a few good friends. A wonderful and inspring piece!
Amazed chapter 1 . 11/10/2004
This story sent shivers up my spine; but for a few minor details, Renuka could easily be me. Wow.
Rach chapter 1 . 10/31/2004
HI!. I've tried to review this yeterday but it didn't get though so I'm trying again.
well this was a very written piece but I'm sorry that it happened to you.
but it all to true now days like for instance I've heard people say that indians and the like are only here to bleed us dry.
ok so some might be but I think they should accept that not all are like that they shoud see the whole picture.
anyway good work on this.
see ya
Louellena chapter 1 . 10/28/2004
I can't decide just what to write...
Lou Ellen
Daniel Summers chapter 1 . 10/28/2004
I know a little about this. Although I am a different type of "Indian". I am half Seminole Nation and this is a universal principle. I thought that you spoke about this clearly. I also appreciate the end of your message.