Reviews for If Only
Lux's Confusion chapter 1 . 12/1/2004
hey again, just got your email and i'm glad it helped ya out. i thought i'd include my thoughts on this poem (and probably many more to come) because although i think that poetry is a good venting resource, i want include my ideas for whatever their worth. with that said here we go. there was beautiful strength and truth to the first stanza, ironic? not a bit!the second stanza had truth, but more of a cynical tone, if humans have always loved that which is trivial, than what excatly is not trivial, and if you really want to unravel it far enough, its not Shakesspeare that is beautiful, it is the feeling the scripts give you that invokes those sensations. it all goes back to feelings, but you must ask yourself, are feelings in and of themselves trivial?

the third stanza raises a question too many have asked, including myself. and it is only when you feel powerless in your own life that you begin to think its the man controlling all you've worked so hard to fight against. and if thats not trivial, well nothing is. it all comes down to choice and action, not fighting and anarchy.

the last stanza was fantastic, and very prophectic to me, but if i explained why you'd think me mad so we'll leave it at that. you tied in everything quite well and overall it was well written and a strong view point, and thanks for the ability to debate, if you wanted to hear it or not. i have one more thing to add, put your heart into your poems kid, it just wasn't here this time.

Jasmine
Made in U.S.A chapter 1 . 11/9/2004
I don't know what to say because this is seriously so perfect. You are definatly going in my favorites. Keep writing :D