Reviews for Lie
Kate Marshall chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
This is a prize review for the April Review Marathon by me, a Review Squader. :)

I really liked /how/ you wrote what you felt in this. I have a hard time reading things that are overly-emotional, I suppose, because most of the time, everything sounds so melodramatic. But this was very... sincere. It didn't sound fake or ridiculous by using sappy exaggerations. It felt realistic and honest.

Although I didn't like the single-spaced stanza. Your poem didn't distinctly separate thoughts, so I wouldn't have minded the lack of broken up stanzas if the length of the lines were different. It didn't have the same rhythm when the lines became longer, then switched to shorter, more choppy lines. The flow was a little unsteady for me.

Nice job, though. I really enjoyed reading the theme of it. And the word choices/phrasing you used, especially. :D

-Peach/Kate
underrose chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
you are the poet

who

brings out only the best

and

picks only the best words

to

put in a poem so heavy with fruit

that

it's magic.

P woohoo. i CAN write poems for reviews, can't I? anyways, i've read as much as i could from your archive (holy crap, person, who do you think you're KIDDING? you're AMAZING.)and decided to put this review down for all things that i've read.

number-one fan,
SeaVoi chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
Wow, another sad one. Atleast at the end of this one you put a little spin, which I thought was good.
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 11/7/2004
doesnt flow as nice as your other poems, yet none the less i liked it. i tihnk it has great meaning.
EvilNeko13 chapter 1 . 11/6/2004
Wow. This is nice. Brings out the anger of the situation. I think a lot of people can relate to this (I know I can) so it's very understandable. Good work!
EvilNeko13
Raya Dronaile chapter 1 . 11/6/2004
very touhing and emotional. wonderful poem. i loved the point brought across in this piece, great job!