Reviews for Spenserian Sonnet
Eaten by Housecats chapter 1 . 8/6/2006
Is that old man the little boy? I had to read the reviews to get it, but that makes sense. Tres bein! No wonder my honey-bear Fortress of Steve speaks so well of you.
Blueberry Wine chapter 1 . 11/27/2004
If I was the type to cry at poems, this one would have done it. You're amazing. Happy early Thanksgiving. :)
Canterbury Jane chapter 1 . 11/12/2004
Your adherence to the strict style of this poetic form is impressive, to say the least. I must say that it is one of the best examples out there of a fairly old and little-used form, and I intend to use it in my class as another example. I hope you don't mind; I will give you full credit and tell my students where the poem came from. I enjoyed the ending especially, although I suspected that the old man and the boy were one in the same after the ninth stanza. ;)
fiddlesticks chapter 1 . 11/7/2004
Fantastic poem, awsome ending, and you've got the style exquisitely reproduced. Hey grimdreamer - Fade is right. You suck. I'll come on over to your page if I need to wipe my ass with something absorbent. Zen is the only one worth a SHIT on this site!
Tananda Fade chapter 1 . 11/6/2004
This is an amazing poem! You've done it again, Phoenix. Hey grim-dreamer; try reading the poem with your heart, you might learn something. I've read your stuff and you suck. Long live the Holy Phoenix!
grim-dreamer chapter 1 . 11/6/2004
A potential twist in the ending, hmm... First stanza is a bit awkward though, and "cowers in terror" diminishes what's troubling the child, I think, because of the cliche description. Clarify for me the gender of this child? Male, right? Have a look at the punctuation you could use in this poem... Very important for sonnets of all kinds.