Reviews for America
jghjhgklllkjha chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
I'm an American, and I aprove of this message.
Arael the 15th chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
Nicely put, comrade. I applaud your voice and tone for this poem. I am curious though, what political affiliation are you (if any in particular)?
Shattered Heart a Broken Dream chapter 1 . 2/12/2005
Strong convictions, you captured the attitude I get whenever people come up to me and say why aren't i standing up for the pledge or why i am anti-gov't. good work
Cadience Gemma Topaz chapter 1 . 12/13/2004
Oh becca you have done it again...i really like this poem, i always think the f-word is never needed...in this poem it fit perfectly, i understand your views, i just wished we had had a better choice for pres. this past election, but i dislike bush's acctions so much i had voted for Kerry. I just don't understand how he could possibly be elected again. I understand somethings but seriously, we need someone better, we deserve better.!...I felt your passion and that is what makes it great. ~Love, Meeg~
Anime Freakizoid chapter 1 . 12/4/2004
i respect this poem very much, i've thought hard about mr. bush's little plans for our future...and i don't like them! like the "no child left behind" shit for example...going to a private school would suck for everyone, especially to those who wouldn't be able to afford it. but this is a very powerful, emotional poem that should be expressed by others...you're a truly amazing and brave authoress!-anime freakizoid X_X
Yamagata chapter 1 . 11/23/2004
I might have respected this poem, for it did have some intersting rhymes, if it didn't repeat fuck that many times. It became annoying really quickly, maybe "Fuck life" was when I wished for it to end.

You say "to never care, who's idea was that? fuck senile bastards" and then go on to say "fuck the crying" and before say "fucking caring" is a bit... hypocritical. I see what you're saying, yet in your rage you become one of the people you're bashing. Not good.
Pythian Legume chapter 1 . 11/21/2004
OK. I liked the overall theme of the poem, but may I be so bold as to say, No. 1, That you were very blunt in your hatred toward all that America stands for(not being American myself,I understand your feelings on the subject) No. 2, I feel that you may need some type of counselling, due to your abundant hatred and seeming depression.
Phaere can't be bothered to sign in chapter 1 . 11/19/2004
Wow. I never thought I would read a poem that starts with "Fuck America" and really like it.

Although I don't really agree with anything you're saying in your poem, strangely enough, I really like it. Even the fact that you have used the f-word quite alot, which usually destroys the effect of every poem, rather enhances this very emotional piece. I love the way the poem flows right to the end and never gets incoherent. Well done! I especially love the last line. It just carries so much emotion...