Reviews for My Little Corner
J. Abigail chapter 1 . 2/8/2007
Aww that was so sad! I almost cried...I've felt this pain kind of pain before, the one when you feel like you're the only one suffering in the world. This poem expressed the exact feelings. Now I'm a big fan of your poems :)

~Abby
Helen Cole chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
Flows very nicely... Remember John 16:33 "Be of good cheer!"
ColdFrost chapter 1 . 1/27/2005
This was really good. Very well written.

~ColdFrost
Artificial Refuge chapter 1 . 12/22/2004
This is really good. Even though I'm not at all religious, I can feel the emotion in the words. Well done!
An-Author-At-Heart chapter 1 . 12/8/2004
Wow, that's very good. I love how you put God into there too, and the quote adds a nice touch. Great rhymes! I enjoyed reading this, it was very deep, metaphorical and emotional. Good job! Oh, and thanks for the review!
queenvixta chapter 1 . 11/30/2004
Oh I like that a lot, a lot. Very well put. I can really relate to this poem. You've done well.
Joey7691 chapter 1 . 11/29/2004
That was beautiful. You really made me believe the words. Well done.
Rachel Faith A. Teknoman 333 chapter 1 . 11/19/2004
Abigail, this is gorgeous.

I know, I know, I am using these words far, far too much for your works and they've probably lost their effect by now, but they really, truly are. I'll find new words, though. ;)

'If you care, you'll let me go

My pain, you mustn't feel'

*sighs* You can not honestly expect that from me! I want to share your pain as to make it lighter... I'll take all of the pain if I can, I don't want to think of you and know that you're in pain and that I'm just to stay the fuck out of it... I cannot.

And, for all it may be worth, a friend of mine, Lavinia, who's been through some things herself as well, once said that she thought all the things happened to her because the Lord thought her strong enough to deal with them, and that she therefore kept fighting. I don't remember her exact words, but I think they were; 'God wouldn't have done this to me if He didn't think I was strong enough to take it.'

My own opinion concerning this is not important (though that doesn't mean I don't agree with it!), yours is.

ALso, there is something that I once read and has inspired me, and maybe, just maybe, it will help you.

'Footsteps

Author Unknown

One night a man had a dream.

He dreamed he was walking along

the beach with the Lord.

Across the dark sky flashed scenes from his life.

For each scene, he noticed

two sets of footprints in the sand,

one beloning to him and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,

he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of his life

there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the

very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it.

"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,

you'd walk with me all the way.

But I have noticed that during the most

troublesome times in my life there is

only one set of footprints.

I don't understand why when I needed you most

you would leave me."

The Lord replied "My precious, precious child,

I love you and would never leave you.

During your times of trial and suffering,

when you see only one set of footprints in the sand,

it was then that I carried you."'

God bless you, Abigail, and may He carry you whenever others or yourself can't.

-Rachel (Mac)Faith.
mistressKC chapter 1 . 11/15/2004
don't feel too bad - the Lord has His reason for everything that may happen to you - in everything He does it is for greatness (though we may not see it right away...) also remember that the Lord answers with Yes, Wait and No... GOd loves us all but sometimes we don't understand His will - however we can all be assured that everything will all be for the better if we all remain strong in faith no matter what happens (which is PRETTY hard). Remember even Jesus Christ suffered on the cross and he even asked God to take his 'cup of suffering' from Him yet He added that may His will be done - GOd works in mysterious ways but it always works for the best (sometimes we just have to look harder). Hope you feel better