Reviews for Brad said that he loved me
in theory chapter 1 . 11/25/2005
I read the lines "Brad said that I was beautiful/and I let him/(put his hand on my cheek)" as that you let him say he loved you. That just struck me so intensely, for some reason. "I wanted to be untamed/against my exotic nationality" is just so malleable in my situation. I sometimes hate my nationality..thinking about it, I often want to just be from *somewhere* more interesting (..than Britain). Although this is essentially a love poem, I read it from a more lateral viewpoint. I like that flexibility in writing, and you work that well. I enjoyed your new bio too, it's interesting how unstereotypical you seem in your writing and yet how easily you appear to fit into the writer's assumed stereotype of no sleep, coffee laptops and starbucks. (I don't mean offence by that, just pointing out how nonconformist your writing is) So yeah, just a thought. :)
Dufresne chapter 1 . 11/25/2004
I love the phrase "drugged on broken dreams". I don't know if this was based on an acid trip between you both, or if i'm missing the point entirely. Like it though. x
Silence's Song chapter 1 . 11/19/2004
You've perfectly captured the emotion in this poem. I completely understand how you feel too; it's hard when someone tells you that they loves you, but you're not ready to say it back.
plastic figurine chapter 1 . 11/16/2004
I love this, my favorite out of your poems so far! (that I have read anyway) the repition is just right. It's beautiful. Keep it up :)
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 11/16/2004
wow.. I really like this... especially how you repeated that line... beautifully done
Saeger chapter 1 . 11/16/2004
Wow. I really felt that... Of course, the fat that somehting in real life was so close to it could have nothing to do with it, right?
Trajo chapter 1 . 11/16/2004
Wow. Sounds like something that happened to me once. Isn't it odd? Love is such a silly emotion. But anyway, i love your poetry!
InFeRnOsKuLL chapter 1 . 11/16/2004
Very Beautiful poetry, I love how you express yourself...but Don't worry about these small Imperfections in your life, the reason you could not say I love you back was because it wasn't meant to be...I've had that happen alot of times b4...and I still haven't found the right person...but no matter what, just keep searching..."you seek and you shall find"...plus...just a suggestion...dating guys that drop acid...isn't a good Idea...tho, it is your life, just a suggestion...I hope everything works out fer ya.
()InFeRnOsKuLL()
Death's Soulmate chapter 1 . 11/16/2004
Great Poem. I love tragic romances. I really enjoyed how you let the girl leave most of the reason for not saying that she loved Brad back a mystery yet so obvious at the same time.