Reviews for Thanks Anyway, Mr Bush
Marie chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
hehe yeah Bush IS a fuckin hick. lol i know this is old but i liked it! write more.
Rachelle You Bitch chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
i fucking love it! submit. even though i know there will be some conservative saying whatever. it is worth it. every friggin word of the poem is worth it and so much more than the dribble that gets in sometimes.
Armed-Pyro chapter 1 . 12/5/2004
very well written
no name chapter 1 . 11/27/2004
I agree with the blackmamba guy...good writing though
Darkhope1 chapter 1 . 11/24/2004
OMG i hate Bush too! YAY! Go us! Lol. U write good ] I love it!
Anglachel67 chapter 1 . 11/22/2004
Yup yup yup. I agree completely and utterly. I especially liked the last four lines, which summed up the last four years, and unfortunately, the next four years.
blackmamba chapter 1 . 11/21/2004
WOW. Okay, here goes.

"But we dont know, it's all just a game."You can make your own life trivial, don't include mine. I don't think of the Iraq war as a game, and neither do the men putting their lives on the line to give you the freedom to say that.

"A scandal hidden behind fake victories and thousands of lies."What scadnal would this be? That Saddam was committing a mass genocide against his own people? Are all of those mass graves just lies? Oh, okay, as long as you're concerned about your ideas of scandal.

"People think it's alright."That's because it is.

"But Dubya's too busy letting bombs fly wild through the air."Right, the last time we nuked Iraq was... never. It's called Operation Enduring Freedom because we're helping them, not ourselves, but some people (coughcough) are too selfish to see that.

"He said Saddam was the one responsible/ While Bin Laden ran and hid without any traces."Bin Laden didn't run anywhere. We had him corned in a cave complex, and we were going to ferret him out. But the Liberal bureaucrats and protestors like yourselves demanded that if the Afghanis were going to be liberated, they were going to do it themselves, so we waited while the Afghani people sent in war criminals who let Osama go. That's not Bush's fault, it's really your own. Had the Republican majority had it our way, Osama would be dead. But you must not remember that. It's agreed that Bin Laden and Saddam are two different problems by now, we terrible Republicans aren't fooling anyone, but that's what we've been saying from the beginning (and, hey, that's what Kerry said in the beginning too! Of course, he's said a lot that he's never meant, hasn't he?), no one's listened. The fact of the matter is that Iraq was housing terrorist regimes, and the POSSIBILITY of WMD should have been enough for invasion. I compare this part to WW2, we thought that Germany (Iraq) had the possibility to harm us when we went into war (with another country, Japan then, Afghanistan now), but found there, upon invasion, genocide. We would have withdrawn once we found no weapons, but we found something even worse. And I think the rape of ten year old girls by Saddam and his sons, the shooting of women at point-blank range for being women (which isn't supported by the Koran, last I checked), and thousands of Kurds buried in shallow graves is enough call for invasion, too.

"This coward who tricked us/ and took control of our fleets."Four out of five men on those fleets agree with me. So I don't think they'd appreciate being called "our fleets" if you're accusing their deaths of being baseless.

You know, I'm not even bothering to refute the rest of your poem. Let it be known that I am not a part of this collective "we" you're speaking of, and neither is 51% of the voting majority in this country. Hate to inform you, but just because NOFX doesn't like George W. Bush doesn't mean that all teenagers should agree so mindlessly. I'm glad you're so powerfully speaking your mind and exercising your right to the freedom of speech (because you have a talent for poetry, and probably prose), but so am I when I tell you that everything you say is wrong.
Buritsutsunei chapter 1 . 11/21/2004
The message behind it is very good and very strong, but the rythym could use a little touching up on. It's shaky. Other than that, it's good to find a fellow bush-hater
kdatlyno chapter 1 . 11/20/2004
Very, very well written. If only the majority of Americans had noticed his blatant manipulation and development of a national paranoia to the point where the American people are willing to sacrifice everything their ancestors fought and died for.

Kudos for speaking out, in the climate of today.
Ruthy chapter 1 . 11/20/2004
ok well this poem does have a good flow but wether or not you like the leader of our nation or not you dont need to acuse him of stuff that he didnt do...like kerry would have been a better presadent, i dont think so.
darkdreamerx chapter 1 . 11/18/2004
OMG that's so good! It flowed smoothly and it was straight from the heart. Nicely done.

faSt sPrinTer :)
holocaustpulp chapter 1 . 11/18/2004
Definitely an authoritative stance, one that I pretty much totally agree with. What's amazing about the Republicans and Bush is their manipulation of things, for instance Bin Laden morphing into Saddam. The sad thing is that the majority of America falls for their bull crap. This was a good and powerful poem, and I especially liked the last line, though that may take four years... Unless, that is, if he's impeached. I'll be optimistic about that one.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 11/18/2004
I agree with you whole-heartedly, and I applaud you for posting this.

Keep up the good work.