Reviews for A Woman's Many Masters
Crazy Biene chapter 1 . 1/20/2005
Hmm.. i never really thought of it that way. Great job.
Nasifah chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
EK! Spouse abuse is such an aweful cycle. Much like laundry. Which is why women shouldn't mix with either. Nice poem!
pseudocidal chapter 1 . 12/29/2004
Sad...I like the finality of the last lines, your message comes across really well.
tablesalt chapter 1 . 12/27/2004
So bitter, yet so true. I love the mocking tone that seems to run throughout the entire poem.
yoUNgIN-mIstReSS chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
wow...a poem that tells a story...its pretty good...wow...so tru for some women and its sad...too sad
CrazyChik chapter 1 . 12/23/2004
WOW! U definetely have a bright future ahead. I am sure you are going to make many best sellers. I have been reading many stories here, but urs is more intimate. It shouts out loud.
wantedINheaven chapter 1 . 11/26/2004
Wow, that was very deeply moving... and it's so depressing at the same time as being true. But I find it's almost always the truth that is the msot depressing. It doesn't hurt, it saddens. Good job!
tofujunky chapter 1 . 11/26/2004
*sighs* This got my blood boiling a bit, but by the end it turned into frustration and sadness. And what got me feeling worse was realizing that this story really is very much reality, and happens so often in the real world. I love your stuff, and your topics always have me reacting.

"Of coarse."

*smiles* You know, I still find it cute everytime I see it - 'cause you're the only person I know who spells with an A. :)

"After all, it must be her fault."

My god, I just don't see how they could think this way - but sadly, the described mentality is too true.

"Her mother always told herThat a good wifeSubmits to her husband’s authority"

It's a cycle, almost ritual-like. An ugly cycle that won't break until women themselves embrace change. It pisses the hell out me when the older generations admit they lived difficult and unpleasant lives but still say, Well, that's just the way it is and we want our daughters to go through the same experiences. What on earth are these women on?

"Until her left her"

Minor typo.

"Women have many masters,IncludingThemselves."

It's baffling how some don't understand that part of such torment inflicted upon them is self-created. Arghh . . . sometimes you don't know who to be mad at more - the abuser or the victim who allow it.

I know, I know. I'll shut me hole now. Sorry. Seriously, wonderful piece. Bye.

-tofujunky
WarriorHeart chapter 1 . 11/25/2004
it made me want to cry.
Mallebauyaibale chapter 1 . 11/22/2004
Wow! Strange, that sounds exactly like my mom! Anyway, that was absolutely wonderful and insightful!
phred doesn't like you chapter 1 . 11/20/2004
So what you're saying in this poem is that a woman needs a man? that a woman isn't a good wife unless she does those things? I don't get this poem, and I don't like it
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 11/19/2004
Of coarse... Of course

I love this poem.. tis so sad.. and so true... I love this poem... its just so amazing