Reviews for Advice for a Poet
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
I can really relate to the illusiveness of this; people now a days either don’t care about poets in general, or they are so mystifying and on such high pedestals that they seem out of reach personally.

let them never fully know/What happens when a poet is cast off into the snow” - Actually made me think of metaphor in general, the idea that you should never really reveal yourself but rather turn it into a symbol that will both baffle and dazzle. I do think though, that modern day poets walk that line very closely. Great piece; older - I can definitely see the growth of you from this. And also, I just wanted to thank you for the advice in one of your last reviews for me where you told me about the formatting. It really helped, who knew it was that simple. So thanks, a thousand cool points for you! Keep up the good work.

Much love,Juliet.
siopilos chapter 1 . 9/29/2005
all in all, tis a nice piece though the impact could be improved if it was made "never let them fully know" in line 4 to improve the flow of words and "embrace the silky taste that recollects your lie" in line 2 because i think it is a little long. anyway, that's just me talking Ü