Reviews for The Icy River
DefineBeauty chapter 1 . 3/15/2006
wow, thats wonderful! sounds like a relationship of love that is restricted, if that makes sense...wonderful poem , excellent job!

jfreak:P
A Most-Serene Tragedy chapter 1 . 1/31/2005
Depp. Kinda freaky, but def. good. ). I'll try and post more on THIS site. Hehe. Still thinking 'bout website.
False Pretences chapter 1 . 1/9/2005
Wonderful use of different words, very good!
Noir Fleurir chapter 1 . 1/8/2005
awesome poetry really great
IsisAvenger chapter 1 . 12/29/2004
Why on earth do you say you can't write poetry? Your poems are extremely good! Oh...There shouldn't be a comma in the line "Your hatefulness chilled my warm blood" which is a great description, by the way!
BeautifulEcho chapter 1 . 12/23/2004
another excellent poem! It seems that through your poems, you really know how to express your feelings into words that readers can understand. I love that fact! Also, good similes with the river and all. splendid imagery and a very good, hateful ora (i dont know how to spell it!) lol. good job! keep it up! :)

~BeautifulEcho~
InfiniteDreamer04 chapter 1 . 12/18/2004
The whole poem was pretty good, and then i got to that last line and i was like "Whoa!" I love that line, "Somewhere in the shadows lies a love that is froze" Absolutely beautiful, although i would probably have liked it better if it were written free verse. Good job, though.

~MT
Livi Z chapter 1 . 12/14/2004
Wow, very deep. Again, lovin' the metaphor. Keep up the GRAND work. Oh, gotta chill just of the thougt of the icy river washing over...Again, congrats on another poem well done. Write more. Now. I COMMAND IT!

Luffs ya!

~*~Breeze~*~
EbonyRainFall chapter 1 . 12/1/2004
i like the last two lines. very good last impression. they kind of summarize the whole poem, very nicely i might add. good work.
Angel-Angel chapter 1 . 11/30/2004
Very heartfelt and sad, but beautiful all the same... like i only started writing in may, and already ppl like yourself inspire me to carry on...Fantastic piece of writing...

Angelx
shinco chapter 1 . 11/30/2004
My gosh, I LOVED this poem! The way you wrote it, it just touched me! This is definitely a treasure and I hope anyone who reads this feels the same way! Don't ever say you're not a good poet because you really ARE! _ Keep up the good work, bud! Loved it lots! _~
willowzbitch chapter 1 . 11/28/2004
Nice poem, an icy river as a metaphor for a bad relationship. Genius, I liked the poem but I don’t have a major love for rhyming , even my own but you made it work even though in parts it lacked (if you’ll excuse the pun) flow. But the imagery was spot on and the word usage was good, well done on a great first poem may I see many more from you, Chris.
xox Eternally Yours xox chapter 1 . 11/27/2004
wow...thats deep. Keep writing poetry your good.
Fairbright chapter 1 . 11/27/2004
Thanks for the review on Mirror, Mirror. I really appriciate the feedback. Anyways, I like your poem. Your choice of words and images are chilling and very real. The parallel you draw between a dying relationship and a freezing river is really effective. Good job! Keep it up!
K. Evenstar chapter 1 . 11/27/2004
I think that you try too hard to stick to a strict rhyme scheme, when it would work without. Some powerful images though. :)
35 | Page 1 .. Last Next »