Reviews for Jesus Voted Republican
maybe.i'm.dreaming chapter 1 . 6/18/2005
They high-fived each other, said

“The first Amendment don’t matter!”

Wow, your poems are so fucking great. This country really has gone to shit hasn't it...not like it was that great before though. And I thought I was the only one who didn't think America was the greatest country in the world (cause if you look back in history, we must have done more horrible things than 10 countries combined).

Oh, go on with you're bad self.

Kris
Opus Nite chapter 1 . 12/6/2004
Again, it's surprisingly well-written (i say surprisingly, because unfortunatlely, most political poetry of this type is written by the woefully illiterate). still... i'm not exactly sure that i agree with the religious slant... it's just as wrong to condemn christianity because of republicans as it is to condemn islam because of al qaeda. not that i don't condemn them both anyway, but you know...
Willow Elandria chapter 1 . 11/28/2004
Haha, nice! And, unfortunately, bad over half the country hasn't read things like this. Or read /anything/ involving our dear president. Or even opened their eyes.-I just realized that you'd reviewed my poem several months ago, and I don't think I ever responded. o_O But better late than never, right? *wink*
ska-and-poetry chapter 1 . 11/26/2004
There are simply no words to express how much I adore your writing. You are my absolute favorite poet, ever. And this is... brilliant, again. Great flow, I liked the sudden break at "IDIOTS." Powerful. Amazing vocabluary. My personal favorite lines were: Like the money that corporations can get/On each one of our patriotic merry-go-rounds" and "They'll have terror outright on the run/Only it'll be behind our guns." Wow. Just... wow.
yanu chapter 1 . 11/26/2004
First time reviewing you, but I do love all your poetry. A lot of it is (sadly) true, only some of us refuse to open our eyes. Nice job with all your stuff.

Yeah, and DK is awesome.

-ap
John Stein chapter 1 . 11/25/2004
As to your question on my mockery of unreason, fictionpress deleted it, due to the (deliberate) spelling errors.

But I have some news that may make your head explode: non-Christians voted for Bush too.
Anglachel67 chapter 1 . 11/22/2004
One of my good friends said in a JSA (Junior Statesmen of America) meeting the other day, "The Republicans hate the first and love the second." He is of course, referring to the Constitutional amendments. This adage made me laugh uproariously for days, and it seems to apply for this poem. This poem also made me laugh, something I do very rarely when reading political poetry. Thanks for making my day a little brighter.