Reviews for Phoenix
Ballerina with a Gun chapter 1 . 6/26/2005
Chic. I like the eloquence of this - emotional, melancholy, but at the end it's almost hopeful. I like what you've done.

And I enjoyed your bio...very entertaining!
Ellimist05 chapter 1 . 4/5/2005
Very nicely written. I like how you delved into the Phoenix's feelings about suffering and dying, then repeating the cycle. It makes me ask, "Why do people want this same gift of no death and suffering?" Keep writing.
Cloud Burst chapter 1 . 1/19/2005
wow - brilliant! such vividnes, like that of a fire's!

great work!
vague shadow chapter 1 . 12/31/2004
That is one powerful poem. I really liked it. I have always felt an affinity (sp?) for the Phoenix. I've always kind of felt that I was a Phoenix in my own right.

This poem looks at a side that's a bit darker than most, even I, have looked at. The side that dies countless times...the pain of burning alive over and over again. I especially liked the line:

"His tears evaperate away."

I thought that was a very powerful one.

*****

I read your profile and I saw that in the summary of this one you mentioned your martial arts instructor. I'm also a martial artist and I have a few poems that I have written that have been inspired by my art (Aikido). I was wondering if you would be so kind as to take a look at them? I would like to get another martial artist's view on them.

By the way, if I may ask, what martial art do you learn?

Anway, sorry for the really, really drawn out review. Great job! Keep writing. I will have to check out some more of your work. _

CR
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 11/22/2004
wow.. taht's an interesting spin on a pheniox... but it asks a great question