Reviews for From the Alchemist's Cauldron
Typewriter King chapter 1 . 11/27/2005
Nice appeal against the red-brown alliance between the radicals within the intelligentsia and the likes of Arafat. I take it the main point you wanted readers to take away from this is that men shouldn’t view other men abstractly.

There is a problem; you repeatedly wrote “loose” when you wanted “lose,” but besides that, you did well.
SaveTheDay chapter 1 . 5/21/2005
ME: “People died in agony in chaff cutters thanks to the two sons of Hussein. Moreover, their entire lives were spent raping, pillaging, and killing. They actually enjoyed it. The entire governmental system was unfettered barbarism.”

Evil has a venemous taint in every country, a varying concentration, indeed, yet it is inevitably existent and no one can deny this. Who are we, (I've seen you speak of existentialism) as the products of existentialism and relativism to amputate the wounded arm of a nation because of an infection, of an irritation. We are not the worldy surgions, we are not the doctors who can propose a cure to any nation we see as diseased for we are diseased ourselves. One cannot say "You are evil" without an ideal of perfect, and one cannot use God as this perfect for different nations have difference conceptions of God and Religion. It is when one feels threatened (and can we feel threatened when we found no weapons there) that it is time to tack action. But we were not threatened, so let us keep our place, let us stay individual America and not March to Democracy American and not Amputate the Deficiency of the World America.

I do value, though, your essay and it is something just short of brilliance in every aspect.
lux perpetua chapter 1 . 12/11/2004
this is an extremely powerful essay - you should really consider submitting your writing to political magazines. Your writing is both passionate and polished, a rare sight on fictionpress!

I know you had reviewed some of my work in the past. I'm currently working on a historical fantasy novel, set during the high middle ages, that i'm hoping to be able to submit to agents some time next year. I'm a student of medieval history, with access to an entire university library of information, so making it historically accurate isn't a problem. What i need is some consultation on plot. do you think you could drop me a line, and i could send you a synopsis to look over? it would be greatly appreciated! (p.s. i just have a bit of random arthuriana i'm working on fictionpress right now - i took my novel off fictionpress because i was concerned it might be pirated.)

thanks so much!

~rose
kewldevice chapter 1 . 11/29/2004
Very well written. You've given me a whole new perspective on what's going on right now in the world. I'll be keeping an eye on you for future works on the same or similar issues.
Mountain Ash chapter 1 . 11/29/2004
This was a facinating and well thought out article which I throughly enjoyed. There are two points I would like to query, this may seem petty to you but I would be delighted to hear you counter argument.

1. Diana and mother due to my father and buissness reasons which I shall not go into once met Princess Diana. She was rather rude made one slightly racist comment and was not very pleasant. While this is not cause to condemn her to hell at all, it also imply she was not the angel she was made out to be she was human. After her death she was made into an angel though, a standard for us to live up to. Arafat was indeed cruel and commited many acts that we percieve as evil. I hesitate to actually say that he was due to the worlds different perceptions as to what evil is. However if he were made into an 'angel' after death and inspired acts of good what would it matter what he was really like.

2. The war, I will split this up into the two prevalent points. other concerned made a point that the Government lied to us, or intellegance did. This is worrying in itself, and while the Government arent 'evil monsters' corruption comes easily. And to go into something so large as war without the truth should worry us.

b. We interfered. Consider, Osama bin Laden thought that the Americans were sinning, he really did. That was why he ordered the terrorist attacks on the twin towers. You see the Hussiens as evil cruel people who commit horrible acts. This maybe completely and utterly true, however surely every time someone violates our ideals we cannot invade them. Hitler got his ideas on how to experiment on the disabled from experiments that had already been taking place in America. No regime is perfect, there is evil every where including at home. Why not fight what is at home first and only attack those who threaten your own people. This is why I do not argue with the first war but I do with the second.

There points over with I would be very interested to hear what you think on the subject.
h chapter 1 . 11/24/2004
This essay is beautiful; it affected me. Thanks.
No Trust chapter 1 . 11/23/2004
I reacted to the news of Arafat’s death with an apathetic yawn. The kikes and ragheads will be killing each other until the sun goes nova. Outsiders should withdraw from the conflict altogether to avoid its taint.

“Does the reader feel the surreal atmospherics surrounding the thinking behind the above comment, as I did? There is not for a moment the slightest thought of the collateral benefits of removing vile men from power, nor is there the remotest consideration for the poor victims.”

Saddam Hussein arrested/killed insurgents who stood against him or threatened his rule. The coalition/puppet gov’t is doing the same and will continue to do so. Political solutions merely lead to the reinstatement of political problems. Only the devolution of political power leads to more humane conditions. Democracy will not accomplish this.

This essay is beautifully written, if sentimental.