Reviews for social butterfly
from beneath the bell jar chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
I love Hepburn. Once I read your A/N I appreciated the poem a lot more. I think it really personifies Hepburn's character in Tiffany's. Lovely and tragic.
cheeseworth chapter 1 . 12/12/2004
i really liked the first stanza; the way you compared her to the charybdis (though i thought a Siren would be more apt). i kind of felt the descriptions could have been gone about in a more peekaboo way. and what's breakfast at tiffany's about?
moonarised polane chapter 1 . 12/11/2004
wow. whats this sudden obssession with urm comfort women (can you call them that?)

anyway, the last stanza was beautifully done. although, i have to say that i think this wasn't as well done as say arsenic in her tea. yah. i don't know. theres something missing here.

the Charybdis thing was well done and very apt. the likening was a great idea.

nah, haven't wtached that film yet. how many centuries old is that? haha.
Ariaenia chapter 1 . 12/6/2004
insightful and elegant use of imagery and language!
linaeve chapter 1 . 12/1/2004
i liked the extended metaphor, but i would've liked it more if there were more 'connecting' words... verbs, namely. lovely nonetheless.

-lin
Aimee Raven chapter 1 . 12/1/2004
Lol, nice job! I must admit I saw this in the 'Just In' section and figured it was some teenage angst or something really sappy so didn't look at it *cringe* but it's a very pleasant surprise! I really like it! The end is also surprising, 'cause you think it would be criticizing her harshly all the way, but in fact it also shows the sad part...very nice! Write more. Love, Mia
nick-wordsmith chapter 1 . 11/30/2004
Actually I'm not an American, I'm an Australian, although that's not any better. Yes people here didn't want to buy the movie so we were delayed two years- and now we have it, Tarentino cut it down to half length.

Anyway, I thought this piece was well written and interesting, but not artistic and captivating like most of your other pieces. Interestng though. Butterfly's only live for a week or two, don't they?

Stones decay, words lastNick
Don't Flinch chapter 1 . 11/30/2004
This is nice. Simple and pretti.
KonekOniko chapter 1 . 11/30/2004
wonderful...simply wonderful...I admire your poetry style, something which I cannot compare with.
Chupaflor chapter 1 . 11/30/2004
1. I love you for uploading again.2. Wow. You stun me every time. Biting, sharp truths. Truly wonderful.
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 11/30/2004
Audrey Hepburnā€”a true goddess. I'd have chased cross the wide skies, but she was old before my time. Nice poem. m
hahahahahaha chapter 1 . 11/30/2004
somehow, i didn't like the style of your last 3 poems. all seem a bit... flat. same goes for this one, although i personally preferred it to the previous one. i like the first stanza though. maybe try more powerful, enticing descriptions.