Reviews for When Johnny Comes Marching Home: FINISHED!
elleigh chapter 30 . 11/20/2011
I love love love loved this story. :)
elleigh chapter 22 . 11/20/2011
I started to read this chapter and as soon as I saw Lizzy and Will's son's name, I said "I'm done!" (I could never stop reading this story though.. not until I'm finished :P) But I said that because, I reviewed The Apprentice saying how I'm so much like Elizabeth and I am absolutely in love with Will... and now, you used my baby boy name for their child. Too perfect.

There is still a lot of spelling errors. You just use the wrong words.. it's just the homonyms. Like "here" and "hear," and "fare" and "fair," and many more. I know this story is done, but if you ever think of fixing them up, I'd definitely ask someone here for help! (Because it's so hard to notice mistakes in your own writing.)
Rome's Daughter chapter 30 . 3/29/2008
Ah...!

I loved it!

There were so many times when my heart was in my throat and I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. I was so scared for the dear family at times...Every worked so well though! Everyone's alive and in love! I really liked Lydia's name it's so pretty.

I think the ending was perfect. I just love happy endings!

Great job!
Genato chapter 30 . 12/7/2007
i think the ending would have been better if it was like.. in normal narrative. like.. te scene would start from a reunion of the families or something. it could also use more length too. as an author, you could improve more in the endings but in the other parts it's all good.
SmallTownRebel chapter 30 . 9/15/2007
I really enjoyed both stories, although both had grammatical and spelling errors that should have been picked up before being posted. Otherwise, I really liked your stories, they had good plots and the characters were really well developed!
Lukertin chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
Heh, I did just finish this story and the one before it. Plotwise and character-wise, I think it is really well written. You can really follow the development of both Will and Elizabeth in "The Apprentice," which is very commendable, from one author to another :)

Being quite a history buff myself (As I can see you are, on a level). There aren't nearly enough people in this country, I think, who understand the ideals and concepts that incited people in the 1700's to rebel against British rule. So I feel I have to congratulate you here on another job well done.

Now, addressing some historical inaccuracies, not that it really detracts from your story in the least, but I figure writers are always allowed some leeway in -changing- a few facts here and there to make their story work. Eh.

After the Boston Tea Party, the port of Boston was closed, so technically it wasn't possible for the Louisa May to be docking at Boston. But that's a small detail.

In the Yankee town of Boston, Tories were in a very dangerous situation (as were many loyalists), to having their property raided by a lynch mob, being driven out of the country, et cetera. It's doubtful anyone could keep loyal to the King somewhere like Massachusetts-and not be on the receiving end of some kind of reprisal.

Also, the most weapons of the era were single-shot...so soldiers took a shot, then immediately had to reload (which took upwards of a minute). I think you had Will shooting his rifle like five times once. O_o

On a side note completely irrelevant to anything, I do believe "When Johnny comes marching home" to be from the Civil War era. /sheepish grin

Anyhow I'll be readin your other stories soon. Good job, and write on

Chewdles.
faye14 chapter 30 . 4/22/2006
whew! now that that's over... it was an Okay ending, and little squashy but then again I like it! that's SO happy that larry got his legs back! and that Elizabeth had an other baby! wow! [deep breath] now I can sleep!-jess
Gabby chapter 30 . 2/25/2006
wow. i read that whole thing and it was great! you're such an awesome writer. there were a few spelling errors, but i was glued to it from the first chapter! awesome story, can't wait to read another story of yours!
castaways and cutouts chapter 30 . 1/9/2006
*GASP* I reiterate all my praise from the last story! Amazingg! favorite of mine, this is!
Wolf Queen 001 chapter 30 . 7/19/2005
Yes, I know this is late just like the one for your other book, but because I rather enjoyed them, I'll submit this.

I have to say that you did improve in this one. I'm quite impressed. You mastered the emotional side of the story very well. In fact, there were times when I almost cried.

However, more must be said. Although I could praise your work all day, some criticism must be given. Although your character development, and emotional elements were excellent, the more physical aspects not so much. Your description of battle sequence and injury seemed less compared to how you mastered the emotional aspects. As for historical accuracy, I really can't comment. I haven't taken classes on the Revolution in years, LoL. But I'm sure that was fine.

Either way, it was rather enjoyable. I will consider reading your other works, and I especially look forward to this one you've been talking about. Another involving the children. I'm not sure where you are on that now, but I'll still check it out.

I hope you appreciate both the praise and criticism, and I hope you don't dislike me for raising those issues. I'll see if I can review any of your other works in the future.
J.E.Wyatt chapter 30 . 7/4/2005
wow, I finally finished reading this story, sorry I couldnt review I don't usually review for any of the fictions I read . . . But I thought you deserved it! Great job... oh yes, about my fiction "when the raven cries," as you might have noticed I have this problem with starting a story and not finishing it. I guess I just lost my inpiration to continue on with the story... and as you have guessed, my inspiration was Ane of Green Gables lol. Perhaps I'll watch it again and continue?
Ixelfaye chapter 1 . 4/21/2005
AKA: CrazyLadyW/Cats. It is now 1:45 in the morning, but I couldn't stop reading until I finished this! You are a genius, brilliant! I'm so glad that Elizabeth and Will had a daughter, I almost cried when she lost the baby. I dont think that Richard and Lucy should have ended up together, I didn't like him very much. Maybe she changed him, though. Now...TELL ME THERE WILL BE MORE! If you did, I would SO read it. Welcome to my favorite stories and authors list.
octoberan chapter 16 . 4/18/2005
Wow, the moral to this chapter was really good. It was so life like in that scene when the grumpy newly weds and Lucy and Alice were all there, and Anna starts explaining to Alice about the bravest soilders. I really liked how you explained it by saying "sometimes te bravest warriors are those who wear an apron and hold a sewing needle and thread in one hand, and a wet rag in the other..." It was really cool how you said that.

please don't forget to reveiw my story! I live {or write!} on reveiws! Alsio, I just put up another chapter and replaced the messed up one!
Strawberry122 chapter 1 . 4/7/2005
Please continue Will and Elizabeth's story. It's so good. I don't want it to end for them. Maybe have a story of their children? Please write lots more!
Gal From Oregon chapter 30 . 4/6/2005
YAY! One thing though did you mention that the reason Will couldn't write was because he was in a POW camp? i might have missed but whatever. anyways I am SO excited that i am coming home! i hope to see ya soon!

-Miranda