Reviews for the right decision
TheRealSeaGreen chapter 7 . 2/19/2006
Yeah, that was really good. That was also very convincing at how they kept saying God in almost all of their sentences. My family are Baptists and most of the older ones say it a lot. I'm not at that point yet, but that was something I could sort of relate to. You have to update soon becuz I'm interested in how Noelle is now. I did notice in one of the chapters the doctor called Lydia Ms. Jones, but I didn't remember what her last name was so yeah. But I thought I could point it out for you.
TheRealSeaGreen chapter 6 . 2/19/2006
This story is really good. When I first started reading this I was pro-life, but now I'm pro-choice and still I'm enjoying it. Just yesterday I went to the library and checked out a lot of books including some on teen pregnancy so that I could do a meaningful story that I think I had deleted because I got bored. Okay anyway, yeah onto the next chapter -
TheRealSeaGreen chapter 5 . 2/19/2006
I haven't read this story in a LONG time so I didn't even know you had updated. Yeah, reviews are great so I got your back.
Banshee Junior chapter 7 . 2/18/2006
Wonderful. I love it - especially the sequence where Lydia tells Elise about getting Noelle's number. It adds a lovely twist to the events that happen long after Elise's birth. I'd really love to see how Noelle has turned out; do we have a pair of mini-Noelles running around already? ;)
Abenaunce chapter 7 . 2/5/2006
This is great! Do they get a hold of her? lol, keep up the chappies!~love~in~Christ~Abenaunce
Abenaunce chapter 2 . 2/5/2006
Hey! thanx for that review u sent me! it made my day, ur story is awesome, i cant wait to read the rest of it! ~love~in~Christ~Abenaunce :~)
chicanerysmile chapter 6 . 8/16/2005
Hey. You're story is good, good writing, etc, even if I don't agree with it. I'd just like to answer your review, if that's okay with you.

First of all, thank you for replying so nicely. You can probably see from some of my other reviews that most people don’t think being polite, or being a nice person is needed.

So yeah, I appreciate that. Because you raised quite a few points in your review, I thought I’d give you some answers.

Firstly, and I bet you’re gonna find this unbelievable, but I do think chronic drug users, those who are stuck on the streets, stuck whoring, etc, those who don’t have access to clean needles, should be given that access. Yes, we should be encouraging them to stop, but face it, people are never gonna stop using drugs anytime soon, just as kids are never gonna stop having sex, and if they have to, stop having back alley abortions.

And by telling them to basically go fuck themselves, by saying no, we’re not going to give you clean needles, by saying no, if you’re a prostitute, and a drug user, you’re not going to get any help from us because you should be behind bars... well, that’s not exactly going to encourage them to try and get help to stop.

And quitting junk when you’re a total junkie, on your own, is pretty much impossible.

And yes, I agree, life isn’t fair sometimes. Most of the time, actually. That doesn’t mean you have to put up with it, just lie back and let everyone stamp all over you. If there’s a way out, why shouldn’t the people who don’t think abortion is wrong grab it and hang on for dear life?

It’s self-preservation, and selfishness was a trait formed to stop the human race from dying out. And I’d hardly say that being raped is a ‘little difficult’. Sure, if you’re just looking a one-night stand, where you behaved a little stupidly, maybe you should stand up and say, okay, I’m gonna face this, I’m gonna behave like a responsible adult and look after this baby.

But if you’re a fourteen year old, who’s been viscously raped on the way home from school, why should you have to do that? You may have never experienced rape, but there are millions of woman out there who have, and whose rapists have got away – because there is now only a 3.4% chance of a rapist being convicted. Why shouldn’t they be offered help in whatever form it may take? Why shouldn’t they be allowed a little leeway to let their life get back on track?

Okay, I’ve being going on forever now, so I’m just gonna answer your last point quickly – yes, if woman have the chance they should offer their baby up for adoption, giving it a chance, etc, and the fact that they can do that so anonymously is amazing – I don’t think you can in the UK. But there is the simple fact that many women can’t afford to go through with the pregnancy, and that many children can’t either.

Finally, I’m not cheering abortion on. The fact that a baby’s possible life is being destroyed is awful, horrendous, disgusting. I am merely saying that abortion is acceptable for some people, and that women should have the right to choose, should have the right to control their own life.

It’s no ones business but their own, and they should be left alone to make their own decision on the matter. They don’t need people making them feel worse than they already do – because yes, abortion does have emotional results, as do many things, but having someone yelling at them that they’re murderers, despicable human beings is hardly going to help the emotional trauma, is it?

Thanks for your review, sorry about the length of this, and bye. B.
Bekypowriter chapter 5 . 7/11/2005
Okay, you stink at tense and spelling, and I stink at ingenuity! We're even. I read all the fics you wrote. Hey, you're a better storyteller than me. But there is one problem with Lydia and Taylor-They Need More Chapters! Keep it up, and I'll hover like hawk for chapters. Chappies, umph, smurrch, chommphh! MY version of Cookie Monster! Heheher!
lifethrudifferenteyes79 chapter 5 . 6/25/2005
beautiful. simply beautiful. (by the way, I'm not from Chile, I'm from the USA, I just live here cuz of my dads job)
James119 chapter 5 . 4/27/2005
Hey, child! What happens during her operation? Hmm? And this story is so touching! It is true, htough. no matter what, people should not abort. You say it, sista!Love in Christ!
TheRealSeaGreen chapter 3 . 3/31/2005
That was good, that was very good. Chapter 2 was good also. I am proud that Candace thought about it all and how it was almost her fault that her daughter would've killed her grandbaby, when that wasn't her intentions at all. I admire Lydia for standing up to her mom as well.
TheRealSeaGreen chapter 1 . 3/31/2005
That was so nice. I loved how you wrote it in the beginning and I loved listening to the character's thoughts and pain. This is the first story I have read in a long time, and I do not regret it.
IBtired chapter 5 . 3/30/2005
I like it a lot. I have never been through a teenage pregnancy and I really don't plan too. Of course no one plans to, do they? But I think I have a pretty good chance of not getting pregnant by staying abstinate. Anyway, I am offically rambling. But the point I am trying to make is that you have done a really good job of making me feel for Lydia, even though I can't really relate. The tense doesn't really bother me in this format although it might if it was a book. Something about having to click to change chapters makes it okay.
RavenChick07 chapter 3 . 3/26/2005
Thanks for you review, I am updating by Monday at least with two more chapters. This story is very realistic, no doubt there. Thanks for sharing it with us and Im enjoying reading it.
Banshee Junior chapter 5 . 3/24/2005
Very powerful. The change in tenses WAS a shock when I first read it, but since you'd like it this way - well, why not? I have a suggestion that canremedy that though: both Lydia's and Elise's chapters could be put alternatly in the first tense...but since it has already been done, this suggestion might make things more confusing.

In any case, it's a wonderful story. I agree with Noelle's PoV. I had once seen a video about abortion in college and the methods used to kill the little ones were...horrible. Imagine actually going and doing that to a like you have produced!
45 | Page 1 .. Last Next »